Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

problem with targa roof

gary dugdale

hello i would be grateful is someone could tell where the micro switches are located in my targa that operate the main glass section.

thank you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5751

I guess the problem he is he doesn't know how to open the roof. There a 1 or 2 targa owners who can help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5767

Centre console switches nearest the gear lever

Left switch - press and hold the bit with the back facing arrow to open air deflector first - then press and hold again to open main roof section - let go when its open enough or hold switch down until roof is fully open. Roof can be opened or closed at virtually any sensible speed due to the air deflecter. Close the roof and then the air deflector by pressing the bit of the switch with the forward facing arrow.

Next switch to the right - sun shield - works only when glass roof fully closed I think- press and hold back arrow until desired amount is rolled out, retract the sun sheild fully before opening glass roof by pressing the forward facing arrow.

Next switch to the right is rear wiper.

Its all in the user manual.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5770

thanks stevo but i know how to work the roof but when i press the switch for the roof to open nothing happens

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5880

Motors etc are behind the panel behind the rear seat backrests - otherwise start simple check fuses.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5885

I've had a 996 Targa from new, now 2 years old, it's my first glass roofed targa and it's the most unreliable porsche I have owned (12) in 20 years. The roof is constantly failing as is the opening (or not) back window and the dealer takes weeks to fix it, am I alone?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5973

OUCH!

that explains why the salesman at Porsche Guildford gave me a Porsche umberella as a gift with the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5981

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back