Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rusty petrol cap?

colintinto

Trainee
Hi All,

Anyone come across a rusty petrol cap on a 993? The threads of the cap itself are quite rusted up, and the filler part is a little bit rusty too. I'm a bit concerned that every time I fill up, small bits of rust are falling into the tank.

I might order up a new cap, or maybe just take some sandpaper to it and clean it up. The filler looks a bit harder to do anything with though.

How easy is it to check/change the fuel filter on a 993 Turbo? Just in case some lumps of rust have fallen in.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4646

Personally I'd just clean the cap and filler neck. When you are cleaning the filler neck just stick a cork with a bit of wood through the middle (to help get the cork out again) down it to stop any rust getting in the tank. Then just hoover out any rust you sandpaper off (don't tell the wife !), paint some rust inhibiter on the neck, take the cork out and problem sorted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4659

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back