Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S CAB spec ?

Olivia

Having gone back to AFN and had the hood repaired and bearing in mind that all of the faults have been fixed (apart form the interior which is a special order from Germany), I have ***** all chance of a refund/replacement car. The car is not perfect, but hopefully now all will be well. As far as dealing with the organ grinder, I do as far as I can but as you know that's not always easy.

All of you may wish to know some items of interest:

PCM2 has TMC in Germany, but it is not added to the software on UK spec cars. The manual states "if your country has TMC then PCM2 will guide you around traffic jams" - not in this country it won't and Porsche can't give me any help there.

AFN have now admitted that PCM2 has a fault in the optical something or other and the reason why my system sometimes works, sometimes doesn't is because they've got a fault they cannot fixand I have to live with it.

PCM2's for the Cayenne are now so unreliable that replacements are on back order and if you have one in yours and it goes wrong (as it will do), sorry you'll have to sing to yourself until Porsche can get hold of one.

Other than that, the weekends great, got 3500 miles on the clock in 7 weeks so can't be bad. Oh, and I've just removed an inch of skin off one finger in the garage on a circular saw - so be warned!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6534

Mogsyman,

You are putting me off ordering a pcm2. Have they said they will replace it when the fault is fixed?

I don't have a circular saw but i'm sure if i did i would have done worse damage with it. Hope its not too sore.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6561

Olivia

When the system works it's fine - it just doesn't work all the time. Porsche have not said either way at this stage whether it can be fixed or not, however if the problem continues I will ask them to change the system under the warranty. The problem though as I understand it is in the optical wiring, not the PCM unit, so not sure where we go from here.......

The finger is a bit sore, but I suppose it means I can't be cought picking my nose at traffic lights for a while!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6562

What a lovely vision. Perhaps you should buy privacy glass to spare us all in the future!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6564

Don't really do that.................too busy swearing at the PCM unit!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6594

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back