Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.8litres=big messy pants

Re Insurance, personnally I wouldn't risk Insurance fraud. Just imagine what would happen if you crash into a Ferrari 360 or something and suddenly the Insurance company is looking at paying out £100k+. I bet they would look at your car damn carefully then for any way of getting out of paying.

Just my opinion.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4228

Poon,

Easy.. mine's a Turbo.

Made sure everything was running smoothly (cleaned injectors etc), swapped the ECU out (easy) and fitted an 8.1L intercooler... variable boost from 170bhp to 320bhp on a 5 stage switch.

Big fun... but not Porsche fun ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4229

Ah ha! Must be fun getting the power down!

James, must remember to steer clear of Ferraris!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4230

Poon,

She's 4x4 too... quite a car considering the VX badge on the front!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4236

A wolf in sheeps clothing......eh!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4238

Would have to say that on almost every occasion big modifications are detrimental to resale value as well.

Don't want to spend £12k only to find your car is now worth less than a standard version!!

Plus, on the lag issue, 993 turbos have two blowers one for low down and one for full boost - to minimise lag. I can't account for there being no/little lag as I am still waiting for a drive in one, but for looks and perf. I can't see past a 993t, just finding 50k+ is the difficult part?!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4247

Yeah, you put yourself in a very limited market, I once had a Cal Look Beetle that I built up, it had a 2 litre big engine with Twin Dellortos etc, couldn't sell it as it was so in the end I took out the engine put in a 1300 and sold both the car and engine separately for very close to what I was originally asking.

Turbo cars have never interested me, I would rather have the new GT3 comfort rather than the new Turbo.

Horses for courses (if you pardon the pun)

The more I think about it £12k is silly money, will speak to Tech 9 today about their ECU mods for about £5k that produces good results, will post later tonite.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4250

I couldn't even spend £5k on engine mods... it's just not right! £5k would go toward a turbo for me.. everything I've heard about them say that lag is almost non-existant.

I'm a ways off being able to afford one though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4252

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back