Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 4S dilemma

JohnLowe

Have got first refusal on a silver 1996 C4S, available 01/10/03 (on delivery of owner's new Boxter S) when it will have covered 60k miles. It was a special order with full red leather (not standard issue) dash, doors, s/w, aluminium dials, red calipers etc, etc and full OPC service history. Got a chrome 'exclusiv' sign on glove comp. Original invoice states £94,000. Owner wants £40k and WILL NOT BUDGE. If I send £1k today it's reserved for me. Seller is a long standing friend whom I can trust implicitly and the second owner. It's a bit more than I want to spend but if good ones are as rare as hens teeth do I have any option. Would appreciate comments.

Thanks, JohnLowe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4063

October is a long way off, Am sure another one will come in before then, bide your time their will always be another one along, once I bought mine their was 3 - 4 others I could of bought and some looked cheaper,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4064

Ask yourself why a long standing friend needs a £1K deposit from his long standing friend........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4102

Some useless info for you;

40k seems a bit on the high side for guarranteeing the guy a sale when his new Boxster arrives (and paying him a £1000 deposit!!)

Saw a 993 4S at Team BCR for 41k on a 98 R plate with 50k miles the other day (no idea what the dealer is like tho)

36-38k would seem a fairer price for a private sale. I'd expect the trade-in against his new Boxster is probably low 30's. So at 40k your friend is doing pretty well. Especially as he gets to thrash the nuts off it for the next 4 months and knows he has not got to have any tyre kickers/test pilots come visiting in October.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4163

Alex G, Stevo, JimJam,

Thanks for the comments guys - a lot of good sense - Carrs of Exeter offered him £35k (presumably in part-ex for the Boxter) and said they'd retail @ £43.5k. Think I'll offer £36k and walk away.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4165

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back