Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993C4S - rare as rocking horse sh*t?

IMHO £40k is way too much for a non-turbo 993, prices will drop when the new 997 comes out.

I have also heard that the S models are not as agile and have larger brake bills. If you like depreciation and open wallet surgery, then go for it.

2 vs 4,
Having driven both I can honestly say that the 2 is way more fun, you can get rear wheel spin and correct it with a bit of lock.

The 4 never wheelspins and understeers alot more (boring, IMHO).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4522

Poon

Can agree with some of your comments, never made money on any of the cars I have bought before expect the Porsche will depreciate, think time and wear will depreciate rather than the 997, have to remember a lot the cars cost around the 80K mark when new so you are not going to suffer the same depreciation over the next 33,000 miles. Good news being as they do fall the 996 C4S will get nearer the 40K mark as well but probably a few years before this happens.

went through a few corners in my car which I have only done 1000 miles in so still getting used to it and where I was expecting oversteer did hold the road and understeer, does make the driving a little bit less fun but the speed the corners are taken at does in some way rectify the loss of challenge,

Have not driven the non S model so not too sure about the agility but confirm the S is an agile mover none the less, I prefered the look of the S with the blown arches and fancied the turbo running gear, would of bought a turbo but was not too sure if I wanted 400+ bhp in a car, thought 285 is ample and found it is fine for what I use my car for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4525

Alex,

Agree with your comments re depreciation, I recently went through the S vs non S arguement and had a budget up to £40k for a 993 or 996.

In the end after much umming, decided on a 993 C2 for only £29k. Although it was very much a matter of having found the right car I am still glad I didnt spend £40k on an S as there is no way a sub 30k mile S is £11k better than my 60k mile C2.

With regards the 2 vs 4, I have just rediscovered tail-happiness (grew up with a 2litre 130bhp Beetle) so please forgive my exuberence.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4528

I feel I need to put finger to keyboard on this 4vs2 wheel drive If you like the feel of being secure and safe then buy a c4 better still buy an audi if you want to have fun and put a huge smile on your face buy a c2 its as simple as that. And before anyone says point to point a c4 is quicker on A and B roads on a dry day I beg to differ and on a wet day a C4 will still aquaplane as well as a C2!

Sorry if the above sounds aggressive but I feel every one is going 4x4 and PSM mad and a sense "back to basics" to coin a phrase is what is required! Thankyou I feel better now

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4542

Bellies

Hear, hear well said old chap! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4543

Hmm £40K - right on the nose for my pot. Might take a look next weekend...... fingers crossed for the Lotto this w/end eh!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4696

Not sure if I see the point in the 'turbo look' cars. There are now many 993TT in the £42-£45 price bracket. The thought of spending £40k on a non turbo with a fat arse makes little sense to me......

....but each to their own!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6302

The difference to me would be the extra Insurance costs for a Turbo and the fuel consumption. Although I have to say that spending £45k on a C4S is a bit nuts when I can get a decent C4 for closer to the £30k mark. I'd rather have the extra dollars in my pocket - am I getting more financially astute in my old age?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6494

Seen it already but I'm really after a C4S. Camtune seem to price their kit over the odds but I guess that's more to do with the affluent area of Godalming! Seeing a '96 C4 in Essex tomorrow for a shade over £32k and saw a top C4S in Devon last Monday for £37 - I'll report back on Monday but thanks anyway for the info.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7639

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back