Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pre '74 911 anyone drive one daily?

james symington

Any one out there drive one of these daily between 5-12,000 year?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3860

James,

I have done in the past and intend to do so once my current 911 s sorted... what do you want to know?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4027

Boxaw,

If you had the choice of driving an early one daily what yer would you go for and why?

Secondly I like silver no sunroof leather interior, recaros... all the standard stuff. I've been quoted big money to get RHD with matching numbers, what do you think it would cost to build it from a good shell up?

Cheers James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4037

James

If you are looking for a RHD matching number car with that spec, even a 912 is going to be around £12K and any decent 2.2/2.4 911E is going to be getting on for £20K or £25K for an S . It will cost you at least that to build a car but then it has no provenance or history, hence less resale value.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4038

James,

I currently have a 1969 911T but used to have a 71 targa. The spec was not radically different in either. Both were original - although I currently have non-original seats - anybody have a couple of original seats spare? ;)

To be honest I loved the targa. Taking that roof out was great fun (bit awkward if you don't fold it though). And, like any old car it was a bit of a pain in the winter.. but I live in bournemouth so we rarely get bad frost or snow.

One thing I would say is that both cars are left hand drive. When I bought my first, I looked at a lot of RHD cars and thought they were vastly overpriced and rarely in as good condition as a LHD. Are you against LHD completely?

For me, the most annoying things about driving an old car is the noise and useless heaters. then again, the noise is one of the great things too!! Reliability was never a problem.

I am currently having a few niggles with mine but nothing that puts me off. One thing I would say is that it is vital to find a decent garage who know porsches, which is one of the reasons I am having a bit of trouble now.

Andrew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4051

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back