Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bike Racks

JamesM

Alright, alright, I know that I'll be spoiling the lines of my 993, but does anyone know if a Roof Mounted Bike rack system is available for the 993. 'er indoors in getting a tad irratated that I keep borrowing her car. Options available:

1. Try and find a rack for the 993

2. Buy another run-around for when I need it (Bike Rack attached)

3. Chop in the 993 for a 996 and get a Porsche Official Bike Rack (and I think that I'll pick up a new Porsche Road Bike at the same time).

Ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3640

All three..

1. Find the rack and buy it - however, don't fit it - it'll look awful. But at least you'll have a Porsche approved accessory.

2. The obvious choice here...

3. On second thoughts... keep the 993 ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3645

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by willisit on 15 May 2003

All three..1. Find the rack and buy it - however, don't fit it - it'll look awful. But at least you'll have a Porsche approved accessory.
LOL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3646

James, did you ever find a bike rack for the 993? May be in the market for one myself...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4766

On hunting about, I find a few people have reported problems with the Performance Products on on the back. Most seem to have gone for the roof-mounted jobbie which, I gather (haven't tried it), fits easily onto the roof rails of a 993.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4832

Yes, I wonder how many squillions they want for that?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4844

I got a roof rack for the 993 6 months ago cost about £80 with lockable fittings from
www.roofracks.co.uk
. With a box on it gets a bit light at 110mph ( I think the box starts to act like a wing) below that no probs but with a bike on shouldn't be a problem you'll just need the fittings to take a bike. As far as you're 3rd option getting a 996 well you've obviously got more money than sense!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4883

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back