Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to look at 993!

willisit

Right.. I'm off at the weekend to see a black, LHD, 993. German import - 1995 model with 77k on the clock. Has 18inch BBS alloys and a full service history.. you may have seen it on the Autotrader...

Wish me luck!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3275

Good luck -- hope it's the right car for you!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3276

Good Luck !!!!

If you like it get a PPI done.... sshhhh...you didn't hear me say this....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3279

Wouldn't be the one for around £18995 would it?? That one caught my eye also. It's a nice looking car but has been for sale for several weeks now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3287

Have fun Dan, let us know how you get on.

Incidently, my daily hack Ford KA has now been sold.. making way for.... hmm...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3289

Nathan - Several weeks? Is that a long time? I keep seeing cars for sale that have been advertised for months, if not the best part of a year.

Admin - Don't keep us in suspense, or have you not decided yet? Anything Porsche-related?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3297

Yeah it's been around a while.. I asked about that and he said that due to location people aren't willing to visit. The money he's asking is due to a house move - it was up for quite a bit more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3300

James, I just think if something's for sale for a long time it's either too much or it's not all it's cracked up to be. IMHO at under £19k it doesn't seem expensive so I'd have expected it to have sold by now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3305

In principle I totally agree with you. It ts just that several weeks didn't seem that long. What do you reckon the average time a "good" 911 stays on the market for before being snapped up?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3307

Personally, I wouldn't say that acouple of weeks is a long time for a 911.

The market is not the same for these cars (esp. lhd) as a golf gti for example (i've sold golfs before and had calls all day on the friday the autotrader was released!).

Have a good look at it (and maybe a ppi?!) then decide

Good luck

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3311

Hi guys,

Had a nose and it's a solid car.. gonna do the usual checks etc now I've seen her and I'm happy with the offer I made :wink:

The thing is, I reckon people would be put of with her stonechipping (front bumper) and third party wheels. I, myself, am not.

She needs "tidying" cosmetically. Solid black is an easy colour to match and I have someone who'll sort it out.

I'll post pics as soon as it's all sorted (and inspected).

Oh.. drove like a dream!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3347

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing the pix.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3348

For £19k you can easily afford for a paint touch-up if you want and even a set of original wheels. Sounds like a bargain, if it all checks out mechanically etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3379

James,

Everything checks out so far.. looking to get the front done straight away and also some 18 inch Turbo rims... if I can find some!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3397

Spending this kind of money a PPI is a must - it may 'only' be £19k, but think of it as a RHD car, which would cost you £8-10k more possibly - that should suggest you invest a hundred quid in a PPI.

At the very least spend a tenner at
www.sportscarguides.com
and buy the 993 Guide and checklist - thsi is based on the official OPC one with soem extras - I will openly state that this is my website, but I used the relevant guide and checklist when I bought my 944T last month, and although I thought I was being pedantic, I found everything that was either wrong, needed work or allowed me to negoitiate the price down on the car - I won't get any nasty surprises. Particularly, I didn't start the car for about half and hour, and got teh salesman to start it so I could watch teh exhaust - although in testing teh elcetrics I flattened teh battery...

Enjoy the car, but avoid that 'Have a bought the wrong one' feeling as you drive away, however you choose to do so.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3457

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back