Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Opinions

Sarbs

Nurburgring
Whats the general consensus on the ugly duckling? Gonna drive one next week, supposed to drive as well as a coupe!?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3088

Apparently yes it does drive very well. Would never buy one opposed to a coupe but might do as a family-carter-rounder.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3090

I'm going to be in the market for a new 4x4 for the wife soon, the ML is clocking up the miles!! I've taken a quick look at the Cayenne, it is bloody ugly but it goes like a rocket ship (even in non-Turbo form) compared to my wifes. We've got a drive in next week also, so we can compare notes!

The write ups in the magazines have been pretty good, but they've always been in the turbo version.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3091

Been talking to my porsche dude, really need the vw v10 diesel engine in the cayenne, he's telling me it wont happen but i think otherwise 553Ib torque! That said, i've been getting 13mpg from J-Lo, may need my own oil refinery for the v10!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3103

Sarbs,

Shouldn't have such a heavy right foot!

By the way what Zymol did you use on J-Lo?

Am thinking of upgrading to Concours! from Titanium! Needs to go on a Black car, supposed to make the car look like its dripping wet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3129

Poon I use the normal cream wax, for light coloured cars, sheffields weather takes care of the dripping wet effect! Will probably go to concours myself in a couple of weeks me dads got his eye on the cream wax!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3135

Funny how things go full circle, when I was a kid I nicked all my Dads stuff, now..............

Have you checked out the UK Zymol site www.sportscarworld.net

Its almost persuaded me to upgrade, I'm sure there is no difference but you know what its like.

Once I've got Concours I'll want Destiny and so it will continue.

By the way saw and heard a C4S leaving JZ Machtech the other week, must have had the much talked about 996 sports exhaust, sounded awesome!

Have you turned the ICE on yet?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3136

Yeah im a regular on sportscarworld, manage to tick most boxex when ordering, I've got cloth's to clean my cloth's!

ICE?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3146

Sarbs,

Read somewhere that they came up with the idea through asking 911 owners, "what else do you have in the garage?" and getting a majority response of Range Rover/ML/X5 ie family carter abouter. Drove the Touareg at Wolfsbberg's Autostadt on a business trip and was mildly amused when the instructor got it stuck in their own 'assault course'. Havent driven Cayenne yet but have seen a number in the flesh in Switzerland over the last couple of months. I think its quite a handsome beast, but you have to factor in that I am from the "no-one likes us, we dont care" :wink:
class of form appreciation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3155

Evo mag managed to lap Jonathan Palmers Bedford circuit in the Cayenne Turbo in the same time as an M3!!!! They also said their Audi RS6 was pushed to stay with it on the roads, yet they did comment that despite this it was not actually that much fun to drive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3156

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sarbs on 28 April 2003

Yeah im a regular on sportscarworld, manage to tick most boxex when ordering, I've got cloth's to clean my cloth's!

ICE?
Ice is a sounds system, but not available as a Porsche option. A bit confused as to why poon asked that :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3174

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

ICE - In Car Entertainment, Bose etc

Guess Poon meant no need for ICE when you have a Sports exhaust!

Cayenne is dog ugly IMHO, London taxi cab on steroids! Personally I can't see the point in having a tarmac shredding SUV when you have a C4S for the fast and twisty bits. I did consider a Cayenne but can't get past the looks no matter how it drives. Anyway the wife preferred the X5 as well so when the facelifted one arrives in October that's what we're getting (3 litre diesel is vaguely sensible). Think what Porsche could have done with all the money they spent developing an SUV primarily for yanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3179

In car entertainment my arse, got a 6 cd changer and PCM II, As i'm only using j-lo for sunday morning blasts over 100 mile routes that i'm very familiar with the map doesnt get used (is obviously on looking pretty) I couldnt live with myself if I ever turned the volume on, the sports exhaust is a far better sound than even massive attack! So although I thought I was a discerning buyer, not paying for things that were not actually worthwhile i've stung myself to the tune of about £1800 :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3185

Spot on, Robut!
:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3206

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back