Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More simple newbie questions

RupertClark

Hello all

I have just bought a 1999 Carrera 2 Coupe (996) which I pick up on Wednesday.

As I used this site / forum to help me find the right car I have a couple of questions to ask you all.

Firstly does the 996 need to use Super unleaded (98) or standard unleaded (or both)

Secondly, I only drove it once but remember the stereo being nothing special. Are there any upgrades that most people go for (ie what size are the speakers / amp etc)

Lastly I went for the tiptronic as my previous car was an auto Lexus which was much better in traffic, but I was wondering what the real difference in performance is (every site says something different)

I look forward to hearing from you soon (and getting the car)

Rupert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3027

Greetings Rupert and congratulations on your purchase. Super unleaded is preferable as it will give better performance over standard. As u say, if you are in traffic daily then of course tiptronic is best, and only loses a few tenths of a second in the 0-60 sprint. Can't help you with the stereo!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3030

Many thanks Noony

Another quoestion I have is regarding the tyres. The car has 18" Turbo alloys with the Continental tyres. Where is the best / cheapest place to get these (or another make if preferred). I know there are other posts on this but none acutally have an answer. One post said that they called qwik fit out for a good price, but didn't say if everyone could get this deal.

Thanks again

Rupert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3038

Thats what Im here for, but James knows a lot more than me. I think the continental tyres are meant to be, ahem, crap, the generally favoured tyres are the pzeros and bridgestone so3s.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3040

THe continentals however are for comfort I think(??) so they may suit your driving style better?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3041

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back