Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 "Slope Nose" info. please?

SlopeNose

Hello

Can anyone provide information on the amount of 911 Turbo Special Equipment models, i.e. commonly known as the "Slope Nose" or "Flat Front", that were imported/sold in the UK in the late 1980's? I seem to recall there were something like 7 cabriolet models only?

I'm keen to locate a mint example, I'd appreciate any pointers as to where to locate one.

Many thanks!

David.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2479

Charles Ivy had a White Flat Nose turbo cab for sale, and there is a factory flat nose turbo coupe for sale at Prestige performance

Gregsy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2484

Peter Morgan's "Original Porsche 911" says that the official UK (M506) car was only available from early '86, but was unofficially available from Zuffenhausen from 1981 to 1986

1981: 11982: 381983: 351984:341985: 441986: 521987: 33

I'm sure thare are plenty of copies out there so check the chassis number with the Porche GB or the factory to make sure it is genuine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2486

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm going to try Porsche GB for chassis numbers as like you said there are a lot of "clones" about.

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2489

David, a friend of mine owns a LHD genuine flat nose, a stunning car though my wife always refers to it as the "shark"!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2497

I think Paragon have one too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2504

Thanks for the location info. Tthe Paragon car is sold, and the Prestige one apperas to not be a factory original slant-nose, something about having been returned to the factory for the work.

Does anyone know of the original Prrsche GB press car? It was a wine coloured Turbo Cabrio SE with white Fuchs. I remember sitting in it at a Porsche roadshow, had the usual 911 HUL plate at the time. Is this still owned by Porsche GB?

Last one I saw for sale that wasn't a convered one was about a year ago, a mid-blue cabrio at a place near Guildford, sold for around £28k.

The hunt continues!

David.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2507

I think the Prestige one is genuine as thay were all converted at the Porsche restoration shop in Zuffenhausen after being taken off the normal production line. So Henry's description is correct, but check with Porsche to confirm the VIN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2508

A quick search of
www.autotrader.co.uk
has revealed two other cars for sale in the UK, both around the £24k mark if there's anyone else looking for one of these models.

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2511

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SlopeNose on 22 March 2003

a mid-blue cabrio at a place near Guildford, sold for around £28k.

The hunt continues!

David.
I know the location of that car. Its getting rather dusty in an underground car park! Its in Wokingham

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2514

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back