Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CFOURS puncture !

jay jay

Monza
Seriously UNCHUFFED !!!
On way back from Stoke-v-Sheff Utd today ------ Had a puncture on rear 18" tyre that's only done 1500 miles. What is the view regarding "tyre repair".......Or is it simple? brand new tyre only? If so - do I have to replace 2 tyres to maintain balance?
Wallet opening time I guess.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2333

I personally wouldn't repair even if you could get some one to do it as I was told they will not repair the P zeros on my 993( something to do with the speed rating). You only need the one they will try and say both are needed but 1500 miles is nothing (unless the're all track miles?) I recently paid £158 inc VAT and fitting/balancing for a pirelli P zero 265 35 18 but was also quoted £240 so buyer beware

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2336

Thanks bellies....
I'll go for one only new proper tyre. No track use but a properly "run-in" car - so 1500 "gentle" miles (predominantly) so far.
Any ideas or recommendations anyone as to proper "N" Porsche tyre suppliers in midlands/GLOS for good service & price ??
Tyre in question : 295/30 ZR18 N3 PIRELLI P zero.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2337

Jay Jay perelli tyres? Why have I got continental? and 1500 miles!??! I'm cutting back and i've only done 256

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2341

Sarbs.... manufacturers tend to put excellent tyres on as standard. Be it pirelli or conti - theyre both "premium". you'd worry if they were some budget make.
Sunny day today and CFOURS is looking very sad. Looks a bit like a dog when he wants to go for a walk - but has a broken leg!
Can't do anything 'til tomorrow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2346

Jay Jay........YOU CAN CLEAN CFOURS!

Just checked my tire presures now that they are cold again, fronts were way way too hard 42 instead of 36! Should make a huge difference on corner turn in!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2348

Now thats the 4s I remember, bloody opc and their stupid tyre pumps! 36psi and feeling fine! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2359

Porsche centre Swindon relieved me of £240 + VAT . Very courteous whilst they're doing it, of course but I am left feeling quite frustrated that the barely used tyre just gets binned. The thing with a puncture is you have no-one to actually blame !! Which makes me even more frustrated !! Still, they had the tyre in stock and it's now on - making CFOURS mobile and athletic once more.

Best price from an alternative supplier was £190 + VAT - with a 4 day wait and not at all local. At least with a OPC you know they'll not damage the wheel and that they'll use the right numbers with the torque wrench & air pressure. ( At least I hope so !!)

It was worth the extra £50 just to see CFOURS back on an even keel. Porsches don't deserve to look "down-at-heel" and glum - like C4S has for the past few days.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2378

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back