Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Barry Sheene

bones

Spa-Francorchamps
Very sad news that this legend and frankly such a great guy should die so young after all he went through to overcome his injuries and become a double world champion. I met him last year and I can't remember when someone last impressed me so much. Condolences to his family.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2146

Sad indeed. A true sportsman from the era when guts, talent, 20 B&H and a couple of leggy blondes really meant something - so much more than a £20m computer controlled machine that drives itself ! I'm sure Barry is up there enjoying a cold lager with James Hunt already.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2152

Jamie,

My sentiments entirely. James Hunt and Barry Sheene were my childhood idols.

More to do with the whole lifestyle thing. The Hesketh Racing stories about Monaco (charter a couple of yachts and load them with champagne) are just great.

And now both of them are dead.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2153

A sad day for motorsport.

People like Barry are sadly becoming a thing of the past.

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2196

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back