Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 sports exhaust

mat300

I have a 996 c2 was going toget the oem sports exhaust but i'm not sure about the sound if it sounds good and i have heard you have a switch so you can make it quiter. I just want one which is loud but a nice loud. And is the switch any good any one help me ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2053

Exhaust system is excellent, it gurgles at tick over and is just awesome when you accelerate (11miles so far :oops: ). I've had an over-ride performed by my dealer on the system so it doesnt go into quiet mode between 25 and 40 mph, the switch can still be used to manually go into quite mode if I ever fell like it (never ever)! The sports exhaust is definately the first option that MUST be put on these cars!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2057

Hi Mat300,

Without question you must have the factory sports exhaust system fitted,it is the finest sound in the world.As Sarbs says you can overide the factory setting for passing the noise test between 25-40 mph.The dash switch allows you to turn off the sports mode completely but mine seems to be welded in the on position permanently.An absolute must.Regards, SIMON.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2088

thanks guys how much is the over ride and can you put it on quiet for the motorway?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2112

Why would you want it on quiet on the motorway? For cruising?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2113

ye casue i travel to london a lot

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2115

It was done pre delivery for me f.o.c by my dealer. Dont know what the standard system was like without the over ride, but I like it loud! blap...blap blap!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2117

Can you get the spts exhst on a TT ? Think i read somewhere on this forum that you can't.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2119

No you can't

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2120

then buy a c4s with spts exhst & save 25 grand .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2121

and get left standing in a race with a turbo :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2124

Cosmo does the tt youve put a deposit on hav the X50 kit?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2145

no, i feel guilty enough about letting the g/f buy me a turbo, it would be taking the pi$$ to ask her to get me one with the upgrade on :oops:

plus i would probably park it in the nearest farmers field :p

and Insurance is a bit of a nightmare anyways...i've only got one years no-claims with a DR10 on my licence ( i was a twat...a big twat ) from 5 1/2 years ago.....are you sitting down?......£4500 with norwich union, and they were the ONLY company to even quote me, and i'm 36 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2197

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back