Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

W4CC or W3CC

bones

Spa-Francorchamps
That is the question ..I have a '78 180bhp SC , there seems to some doubt from various sources I have picked the 'brains' of as to what preciely is the correct Bosch spark plug for this 911 engine. Any definitive answers out there would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1558

What sources have you checked? I can have a look in Paul Frere's and Bruce Anderson's books tonight - they might say.

J

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1559

Thanks Bert........ strangely enough I'll be ordering from you soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1660

I am glad someone knew. Thanks Bert!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1662

Just took a plug out of my '78sc and it has Bosch W4CC plugs . I've also seen it written elsewhere that this is correct . The 78-80 sc has W4CC plugs and the 81-83 sc has W3CC plugs . Anyone know any different before I order six W4CC

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2506

Heat range - W3's are cooler running plugs. In reality you'll see little, if any, difference between the two using UK fuel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2509

yeh that's what I figured too . I don't do much town driving so I thought I'd check opinions just in case anyone used W3CCs in early SCs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2510

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back