Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

brake upgrades

swaite3

i'm looking at the possibility of upgrading the brakes on my 1986 3.2.

do any discs/callipers bolt straight on without the need for adapters and such like.

i am running on 17" rims so clearance won't (shouldn't) be a problem.

any help would be appreciated

steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1486

somebody told me that the turbo brakes fit but this was a while back and my memory is not that good so I might be wrong... sorry! What is the problem with the originals mine used to overheat and the fluid boiled on a track day once quite disturbing at the time. Changing the fluid stopped it boiling. It might be worth experimenting with different pads green stuff etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1493

Steve, As Bellies says, what is the problem with your current brakes. Upgrading the brakes is not that common. Unless you are towing a caravan I would be surprised if bigger brakes were required ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1495

one of my callipers is sticking so i'm going to take them off and reseal them/clean them out but i thought whilst they were off i would have a look at some bigger one's.

i used to rally and the 1st thing i used to do when i prepared a car was buy the biggest brakes i could fit under the rims - this way when i put an engine together i knew i could stop the thing!

may just stick to the repair kit!

steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1530

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back