Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had their 3.2 chipped?

Still standard on the air filter front so no worries there. Just looked at Milford - Hot film conversion looks effective, but comes out at £1300 DIY for 18 hp gain. At this rate it looks like it'll be cheaper to trade up to a 930 than be chasing hp forever..!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2361

Just heard AMD have stopped with their 3.2 re-chips. Geoff Everett (Porsche man) has left and the guys doing it now make "such little money" on doing these that they don't care if they never see another 3.2 again.

Any other suggestions for this work? The chip needs to be custom i.e. not off-the-shelf.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2704

Nathan,

Have a good trawl through 911 & P World or Porsche Post - I know I've seen ads for other companies that do the full dyno tweaked re-chip, just can't remember which ones !

Seems strange that AMD would stop doing 3.2s, how can they make less money on a 3.2 than on say a 964 ? They appear to charge the same price ! I can't believe that a 3.2 is that much more work than any other Porsche.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2708

AMD also stopped doing the 'k star' system for SC's from Milford Microsystems too . It's not easy or cheap to extract power from N\A Porsche engines . The best way I think is to lose weight while achieving the horsepower gains that are possible for 'affordable money' .
Obviously on later cars losing weight might be a problem as most owners would want to keep the body etc. standard for resale . One of the advantages of owning an older SC for instance is you can tear it to bits if you want and create whatever you like .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2709

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back