Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tool kit contents

Craig

Thanks for everyones help so far.

My next question is, on a 86 Carrera, what is in the official tool kit and what, from your experience should I really carry?Thanks again!.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 810

I have a complete and comprehensive toolkit for my car and it takes very little room. Its an AA breakdown & recovery card!

Merry Christmas

Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 812

Had a quick look on Pelican Parts and found this answer:

"
Mark, according to "911 Authenticity Series" by Mark S Haub, the 82-89 tool kit contains the following; Bag, Rim wrench, Screw driver, 8x9mm Open end wrench, 10x11 mm Open end wrench, 12x13 mm Open end wrench, 14x15 mm Open end wrench, 17x19 mm Open end wrench, Angular pipe wrench, pliers, V-belt, Bag w/5 fuses, spark plug wrench, allen key wrench, handle w/3screw drivers, hook spanner, extension tube."

There's a picture here - go to the bottom image:

http://www.aicauto.com/32987targadoc.html

Note that the spark plug wrench is a special one and that the hook spanner (used to hold the nut in place when removing the fan/alternator) is a special item too - you can't see it in the picture though.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 814

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back