Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Well here's mine then .........

Ooops, forgot to mention in my last post that maybe the 8'' wheels were only an option on '89 cars, so Nathan maybe no surprise that yours has 7'' (or it could be the Swiss spec ??). They definitely had 16'' wheels as standard for '89, but maybe not 8'' width. That said the option codes in the logbook don't suggest an 8'' wheel option on my car. Certainly most (if not all 'F' reg 3.2s that I've seen do have the 8 inchers.

I'm sure some clever person out there knows the answer !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1347

I would stick with 225s on 8" rims, 245s are too much, you would really need 92 rims

I have gone through my parts list but cannot find your setup, and it's odd for the factory to put on 6 & 8 rather than 7 & 8.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1354

Maybe the fronts are 7" - I've really not checked (not had them off the car yet), but they do look like sixes to me !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1355

I'd say your fronts were defo 6's. They look identical to mine. I've actually been considering a change to Cup1's, but it's a bit like the whaletail issue, change my mind every day!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1357

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nick-moss on 07 February 2003
I would stick with 225s on 8" rims, 245s are too much, you would really need 92 rims
I have gone through my parts list but cannot find your setup, and it's odd for the factory to put on 6 & 8 rather than 7 & 8.
They've got to be 7/8's Jamie....you can comfortably fit 7.5"/9" x17" rims with 215/40 and 225/40 tyres without any problems with fouling . I have them on my '78 SC TARGA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1381

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back