Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 heat exchangers

melox

I have a 911 carrera 1981 which requires new heat exchagers and exhaust would it be best to fit stainless and if so where is the best place to obtain the parts .

Any help appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 165

Hi Melox

Generally most people agree that the best stainless steel exhaust for the 2.7 and 3.0 engines is made my a company called SSI. They are not cheap although no stainless steel exhaust is.

By the way, there was no "911 carrera" in 1981. The only 911 produced that year was the SC. Is this the one you have? Alternatively from 1984 to 1989 the 911 was called the Carrera 3.2. SSI's will work on these t0o athlough aparently SSI's are a bit restrictive for the 3.2 engine.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 166

Melox

Another company in the UK I have read good things about is "Hayward & Scott". They build taylor-made stainless steel exhausts and will taylor them to your sound-level tolerances!

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 171

Alternatively if you can find them, you can fit a pre-'74 system I believe (the design of which is used in SSIs) although these are not stainless.

If you can find the cash (SSIs are about £1200 I believe) stainless is the way to go though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 172

try
www.design911.co.uk

mine's a sports version 84mm £325 + vat

maybe a bit noisey for some but i'm sure they will have others!

regards

steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 186

I have decided to go for a stainless and have got a price for a custom fit from a company in bristol called longlife,they will also fit the heat exchangers if i provide them .

Thanks to all for help i am new to the porsche and 911 site so will be on the mesage board again with next problem ?

Will post mesage when exhaust fitted to let you know results.

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 187

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back