Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know either of these two 997 GT3s?

B19TOY said:
NLW73 said:
if its not a daily car then the mileage will come down relatively speaking over a few years

good to see one used and a lot of the 30/40k mileage issues ironed out

Yes I would probably drive under 3k per year.

What issues are there that I should be looking for? How robust is the LSD for track use?

The standard / OEM 997 GT3 LSD is chocolate, I suspect now these cars are 12/13 years old, most will have had the original LSD replaced by now. My guess is it's actually the cars that have been used on track that will have had the part replaced though as that's where you would notice a shot LSD most I'd say. Definitely worth asking / looking for evidence that the LSD has been upgraded and when :thumb:

Thanks Roro

Looks like Ashgoods have increased the price of the GT3 by £4K and a number of other vehicles they are selling, which is an odd decision in the current climate.

Hi all, what was the verdict on the white car at 64995? Surprised it's not sold yet to be honest.

Depends who's asking. Interesting first post on the forum. Are you a potential buyer or the seller :?: :grin:

Roro said:
Depends who's asking. Interesting first post on the forum. Are you a potential buyer or the seller :?: :grin:

Sorry, I'm a potential buyer. Was just trying to find out as much about it as possible as it's something that's just in price range but seems to be a bit less than market price.

It's had 8 owners and not original cage, that's the only bad bits I can see

kas750 said:
The CS at Ashgoods is my old car

So was it a Comfort Specification car originally converted to a CS by you? Did you make any other changes to get it to a CS spec. ?

I do not suppose the OEM cages come up very often if at all. I know the time it took me to find one for a 996 and then sell my Porsche Tequipment cage.

Pip

No it was a proper full fat Genuine CS track slag which was fitted with Alcons when I had it

kas750 said:
No it was a proper full fat Genuine CS track slag which was fitted with Alcons when I had it

Apologies I was getting yours mixed up with the one with the aftermarket cage. I think early onset COVID-19. Is it a sign :?:

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back