Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Change

ian_alex

Monza
I am going to change the oil on my friends 997 Gen 2, 2009 car and am wondering if there is anything special or tricky involved.
I am very familiar with my own 996 on which I do all the servicing and I am presuming my friends is similarly straightforward although I haven't yet looked at filter location etc on it.
Looks like Mobil 1 0w40 is required? Low mileage car, approx 30K
Thanks for any advice.

Nothing tricky but you need to leave it draining for at least 30 mins .. basically when its stops trickling out and turns into a drip then you can carry on .

No more than 7 litres of oil and run it up .. top up as required .

A short 10 min drain and it might only need 6 ltrs .. an overnight one and about 9 ltrs .

Mobil 1 0w/40 .

For the filter you will need an extension to reach it and plenty of cloth to wipe down the cross bar under it .

Oil change

Thanks to you both for the info. Looks pretty straightforward.
I'm still waiting for the oil change where I don't get a single drop on the garage floor, don't think it will ever happen!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back