Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear tie rods

Kp76

I've just replaced both left and right rear tie rods and eccentric bolts, after the replacement went to have the wheel alignment checked out but there isn't enough adjustment to get rear wheels within tolerance. The chap said there within 3mm but i fear its going to scrub my tyres pretty quickly, its a gen 1 3.8 Carrera 2S, 04. Part number 4160500007.
Is there something wrong with the parts or is everything else worn out.

I had 4 wheel alignment done a few weeks ago after replacing my front coffin arms and tuning forks. I took it to an indie who deals with Porsche.

He asked me what make I used as he had seen some recently which were a couple of mm too big. He said they would fit ok but the alignment couldn't be done.

The ones I fitted were ok and my alignment was perfect.

I wonder if there's something wrong with the parts fitted?? Only a thought based upon what the indie told me.

Where did they come from??

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=2821&MAK=3&MDL=26&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

No. 13 here .. it says model year 2006 onwards .. this is the part number of what you have but your car is a 2004.

I would suggest phone an OPC on Monday .. get a price and the part number and confirm this is the correct part for your car .. they will want your chassis number to look it up .

Aftermarket items are not always the same as OEM .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back