Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster (986) LSD's?

MarkGolf

Sao Paulo
Hi all,

Now I am using the Boxster on a regular basis, I am finding it hard and boring without an LSD, especially in this damp! RWD without a slipper is actually worse than FWD! Jesus!

Was an LSD available for the 986? Boxster S perhaps? The 987 Boxster S I briefly had did have an LSD but I think that was optioned.

It's not worth me going down the quaiffe/wavetrac route on my 2.7 but if a second hand box from an S can be fitted, which has an LSD, that would be perfect.

Cheers

My 2001 Boxster S did not have an LSD, and as far as I know it wasn't an option on any 986.

Would have to be an aftermarket job if you want to go down this route :thumb:

I have a plated KAAZ diff in mine, its pretty harsh, but needs it when driving on dirt/sand/mud/gravel.

For road use a quaife is nice and tame, and you dont get clunking every time you go round a corner or reverse lol.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back