Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil recommendations

Boxstercol

Trainee
Looking for a bit of advice from all you knowledgeable folk...

My 2005 Boxster S has always, until now, been serviced by an OPC (rightly or wrongly!) but now looking at taking it elsewhere.

Always run on Mobil 1, initially 0w40, however the last couple of changes it's had the 5w50 Mobil 1 Peak Life oil put in it.

Current mileage circa 82k & it has an interim oil change between services as well - last year only about 1500 miles between oil change, this year possibly a bit less (shame on me!!!). Hoping to do a few more miles on it but job change & weather has prevented so far.

What's everyone's thoughts regarding the best oil & where to source??

Cheers & stay safe!

Millers oil is great (sign up for the Opie Oils updates and wait for an offer), but with that sort of mileage and such regular changes it probably doesn't matter a lot what make you use, as long as its a decent quality synthetic. My indy uses Mobil 3000 as their 'menu' oil, but I usually substitute some Millers Nanodrive.

Makes sense to use a thicker grade as the miles rise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back