Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick question about oil

lloydsound83

The oil warning light came on today (minimum). So after some online searching I see their are many brands people choose for their car, and it became hard to know what to go for. A quick chat with my mechanic and he said get 5/30 from Shell. I've bought a litre of this to get me going but I thought I'd better check it's okay to put this in?

Also forgive my nativity but is it literally as simple as pouring it in to the cap on the right with the oil symbol on (derrr ). What is the one to the left with the steam? Jetwash?

Thanks

Lloyd :?:

I take it you didn't get a wallet with the quick step and detailed instructions in, There should be a sticker under the rear flip up cover stating Mobil1 0W - 40.

There's another sticker on the door shut with the Tyre pressures on....

The jet wash ? i think that's steam, it means it's HOT !
It's the top up for the coolant, but you knew that right.....

😂😂 you just made me laugh out loud, yeah erm.... I knew that about the steam..... 😩ok I didn't

Thanks for your response, so don't put the 5w30 oil in, I'll get some of the one you said tomorrow

• 1. Buy some Mobil 1 0w-40
    2. Buy a replacement instruction manual
    3. Sack your mechanic

You're welcome! :wack:

TonyC911 said:
    3. Sack your mechanic

This.

Depending on which way around you look at it but the one on the right .. or left . erm ...

0/40 mobil one .

If on min lvl add 1 ltr only then check after a full warm up and drive .

Attachments

• oc_post_6_205.jpg
    oc_post_6_205.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 1,852
TonyC911 said:
    3. Sack your mechanic

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics