Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo mods

Lukec4s

Silverstone
Hi all

I have just bought a 997 turbo and wondered what if any mods you recommend. I plan on putting on a sports exhaust and changing the stereo for a Apple play unit.

I have seen some with the side vents modded to remove the middle plastic bar which looks good and gives the air scoops a bigger appearance. This is on my list of jobs too.

A DSCv1 PASM upgrade will improve the handling and ride considerably, especially in Sports mode.

T8 said:
A DSCv1 PASM upgrade will improve the handling and ride considerably, especially in Sports mode.

Yes, this is an excellent mod right here. Transforms the car in a very positive way. Contact 9e for further details.
And if you want to go down the tuning route there are a ton of options. Again, check out the 9e website :thumb:

I keep reading about the dsc mod. What does it do exactly? Is it a plug and play thing or is it coded into ecu?

Thanks

:useless:

The mods are endless...how deep are your pockets :dont know:

:grin:

Quick and easy way to up power is exhaust and inter-cooler upgrade. Is it a gen 1 or 2?
The exhaust mods on the Gen 2 are a bit easier and cheaper as the Cats are separate. If it's a gen 2 then there's a member who was selling a Kline exhaust which are regarded as one of the best.
TBH they're pretty flippin rapid as they are so you maybe disappointed if you throw a load of money at the car and find it's not really that much better.
I would also look at upgrading the brakes, pads and hoses and fluid. The std system can't take a track day hammering!
But as others have said the best upgrade by far is the DSC module, you might be able to get a S/H one for about £700.
Also a set of Michelin Cup 2's, they are the best rubber you can buy. Once you get new tyres get the geometry set up by a 'pro' and you'll have a very planted car.
What ever you do enjoy it they're a bargain Supercar.

The PCM is sadly lacking so changing that to something more up to date is a must.

The sports exhaust is a nice upgrade too but what sort of mods were you think about, performance, usability or styling?

It's a gen 1

I'm thinking sports exhaust (nothing too expensive)

Re map

Dsc mod

Updated head unit

A little additional power / performance but dont want to start changing other parts

Exhaust wise I know Kline is well regarded but does anyone have any views on, dansk, top gear, desigtek. ?

Sound etc

Thanks

There have been a lot of threads on here regarding 'which is the best system', what ever you go for I'm afraid that the word cheap doesn't figure much! Expect to pay £2000 upwards, they do come up S/H occasionally and if they do grab it straight away.
The only people to trust with a remap are probably 9e.
As I mentioned the intercoolers are an easy upgrade and do add quite a bit of power but again they're not cheap.

Thanks for advice :thumb:

If you are considering exhaust, intercoolers and remap then you will need to fit an updated clutch as well, so allow for that in your budget. I think they are around £1500 fitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back