Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 CSR C4S @RPM Technik

I think you might need to be invited to the group, I know a few are like that. That is certainly how I joined.

MC

I'd be goign for the Hartech one over the RPM one.

I think Hartech told me about that car last year when I was there. Owner has a number of toys and juist doesnt have time for it.

Was it advertised a few monthas back for circa £31K?

If i didnt aready ahve a 3.9 hartech in my C4S Id be grabbing that. Price is good.

GMG said:
...£48k and no significant engine work :eek:

:agree: - I appreciate what RPM are trying to achieve, but the prices are just not relalistic, £50k for a C4S with bolt on modifications! - Madness!

For the same price you can get far better 996's, I apprecate you prefer N/A, but for price context.,

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-911-(996)-U197501/

Agreed... RPM seem to price the modded cars at the build cost. Sadly life is not like that, unless your company name is Singer or Ruf.

You could always buy some CSR bits like the ducktail separately and put them on that 3.9 car.

I would trust RPM Technik with my car, and having seen some of their work, i would have no hesitation buying from them. If you don't like that car then buy a basic 911 and let them work some CSR magic on it.

Do it.

MisterCorn said:
I think you might need to be invited to the group, I know a few are like that. That is certainly how I joined.

MC

Any chance of an invite :grin:

i bought my 996 from RPM 10 years ago and its been no problem whatsoever. They were also great to deal with.

However nearly £50K for a C4S is a lot of dosh.........

Mines on 75K miles, standard and a slushbox but thats 3x what i think mines worth.

MisterCorn said:

MC

Any chance of an invite also? Am in the market for a 996.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Yes it does seem expensive. But also ticks a lot of my boxes. So I went to RPM today to take a closer look, talk to them, and take it out.

One word: WOW. It's an awesome bit of kit. Previous owner basically bought a really great base C4S for over 30k, then spent 40k on CSR conversion plus lots of extra work just couple of years ago, and not many miles.

It's in superb condition, wants for nothing, and drives amazingly. Very different and so much better than the other Porches I've driven myself. Exactly what I've been looking for. The 996 is such a great car, and this is on another level. Plus it's the only C4S CSR in existence, and I'm a sucker for originality. I was also very impressed with RPM & their facilities.

Yes I could get something much more resellable for similar money. But the way it drives, and the quality of the finish, I've not seen any where else for the money. And I tend to keep my cars for a long time. Loved and cherished.

Normally I would think very hard about making such a big decision, but life is too short. Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger on heart over head. Deposit paid :)

Attachments

• rpm_868.jpg
    rpm_868.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 2,352
Well played AtonedIdealist, it looks a great car, I really hope you enjoy every moment in it :thumb:

That's great AtonedIdealist.

I cannot make the rpm meet, but will try and join the fb group.

Nice work! :thumb:

I hope you enjoy it, please post up more pics and driving impressions.

Good to know that a 996 4S is worth investing in, encouraging for those contemplating similar work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back