Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 CSR C4S @RPM Technik

AtonedIdealist

Trainee
Bit of a leftfield choice, but I'm being drawn to this 996 CSR C4S at RPM Technik:

https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/996-c4s-csr

I talked to them today and it does sound intriguing. I've been looking at regular manual 996 C4S's and they are nice, but not quite 'special' or 'different' enough. I tried a Turbo but I guess I'm more of a NA-guy.

I started looking at 997.2's and they are also not really doing it for me. There's quite a few round driving around. I want something a bit more exciting as a road-driving weekend toy (plus some city driving). I'm also considering a manual 997.2 GTS, but these are rare and even more expensive.

But yes it's very expensive for a 996, and yes it's got limited resale market. But I figure a really good 996 C4S will be around £30-35k after I've got it properly sorted to my standards, so end of day it's not that crazy with all the usual bits already done plus all the custom extras. And RPM have a great reputation.

Any thoughts on this one?

Looks nice

I see what you mean about the value but I would want to know if the usual
Radiators
Condensers
Suspension bushes
etc etc had been done

Also what is the IMS upgrade they do? 997 Larger bearing or something else?

I went to visit them via PCGB modified register meet last Autumn. The whole team there have a great passion for the marque and are building a reputation on their builds. Not driven any, but by all accounts are fabulous. Their latest 996 track focused CSR is simply beautiful.

The other option would be to buy a donor car and then spec as you want with their expertise. I believe they are limiting CSR builds per year to ensure quality.

Attachments

• photo_21_09_2019_11_30_17_copy_154.jpg
    photo_21_09_2019_11_30_17_copy_154.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 3,390
Not for me, I'm not keen on various bits on it. But it's not me buying it, if you like it go for it. Life's to short not to have what you want, if you can afford it.

fot0 said:
I went to visit them via PCGB modified register meet last Autumn. The whole team there have a great passion for the marque and are building a reputation on their builds. Not driven any, but by all accounts are fabulous. Their latest 996 track focused CSR is simply beautiful.

The other option would be to buy a donor car and then spec as you want with their expertise. I believe they are limiting CSR builds per year to ensure quality.

The 996 Carrera owners group on Facebook are having a meet up at RPM this Sunday morning (Fried Eggs 2) from 9am if anyone fancies it :thumb:

jezgreen911 said:
The 996 Carrera owners group on Facebook are having a meet up at RPM this Sunday morning (Fried Eggs 2) from 9am if anyone fancies it :thumb:

I've been told this groups pretty good but searched for it using '996 Carrera owners group" and I can't find it at all. Am I doing something wrong :dont know:

jezgreen911 said:

Yes, I should be there with my apprentice. He has asked if fried eggs will be available?

MC

GMG said:
...£48k and no significant engine work :eek:

TBF, other than something like a 3.9l Hartech conversion, there isn't a fat lot you can do on these engines. They could have fitted a later engine, or a Mezger, to get more power, but that would no doubt cost a fair bit more.

MC

You could get a gt3 for only a few £k more and that will keep its value better

adamw said:
jezgreen911 said:

I've been told this groups pretty good but searched for it using '996 Carrera owners group" and I can't find it at all. Am I doing something wrong :dont know:

Try
https://ww.facebook.com.groups/996owners/

or

search FB for "The Porsche 996 Carrera owners page"

peterg1955 said:
adamw said:
jezgreen911 said:

Try

or

Thanks but... No joy... has the page disappeared.. strange :dont know:

adamw said:
peterg1955 said:
adamw said:
jezgreen911 said:

Try

or

Thanks but... No joy... has the page disappeared.. strange :dont know:

That's weird, I've just been posting on it..... :nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back