Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 pagid front discs and pad at euro car parts £191

buttertubs

Silverstone
With their current promo code euro car parts are showing an price of £191 for a set of 997 C4S pagid front discs and pads.

I take it I'll needs shins etc as well but is this a good price for discs and pads.

Thefinn said:
Try carparts4less they will be cheaper again

Comes out £3 more 😂

Anyone know if the pads with come with brake pad sensor and pad damper plate.

Also I've seen people mention a fitting kit, what in one of those.

They wont come with damper plates or sensors. Fitting kit is the top spring plate and 2 pins

buttertubs said:
Thefinn said:
Try carparts4less they will be cheaper again

Comes out £3 more 😂

Anyone know if the pads with come with brake pad sensor and pad damper plate.

Also I've seen people mention a fitting kit, what in one of those.[/q

They don't come with the sensors. But they fit perfectly... I haven't had a problem with mine at all

Thanks for the heads up, bought a set from there for my 997.1 S , came out at just under £190, didn't need the fitting kit, not sure why you would and my sensors were fine to re-use.

Anyway, fitted and all perfect, very happy.

Nice one, I've fitted mine too while we've been on lockdown.

I've also got all four discs and pads for my wife's Evoque from them for £215 all in. These are £530 Fitted at the local JLR dealer.

Everyone's caliper bolts coming out with no issues. What about changing them.

Steve Wright said:
Everyone's caliper bolts coming out with no issues. What about changing them.

Mine came out fine. At the moment I've put my original ones back in but might change then after the current restrictions are lifted.

From reading on here I took it that Porsche recommend them being replaced due to them having a relatively low torque setting and the original loctite on the bolts being single use.

The low torque setting is because of the hub carrier being made from aluminium meaning it's easy to over tighten and strip the threads.

I have just ordered mine from C4Less, Gen 2 C4s also £192, also offered were the H-Tech Dampening Disc/Plate (Front) £9.39 each, I didnt order these but what are the chances that these need replacing ?
I'm not in any rush to change mine but what is the torque settings for the main caliper bolts please ?

Thanks Swamps

Attachments

• damp_159.png
    damp_159.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,388
  • disc_112.png
    disc_112.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,388
The existing ones will be stuck to the old pads.
For £40 I would probably change them also.
I have just done mine and didn't have the damper plates so reused them but they were a bit tatty.
I have to say if you do "everything" the costs add up - I imagined discs and pads was the majority but not sure it is - fitting kits, damper plates, new caplier bolts etc. IF you do everything...
I just brought some brembo discs and pads all round for £385 on eBay.
Was all going well until my handbrake shoes fell apart... :pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back