Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 C4S with Power kit and PCCB vs 991.1 4GTS

Bogus

Trainee
Hi all,

After a brief hiatus away from Porsche, the pull was too strong and I want to get back to a 911. I had a 991.1 C4S in the past and looking to maybe get a 991.1 4 GTS.

The question I have is if there is a C4S with the power kit and PDCC and PCCb would that be considered better than a 4GTS where the only difference is lack of PCCB and PDCC but has centre lock wheels ?
Are there any further differences between the 2 cars with both being PdK which would make the 991.1 GTs more desirable with all other features being the same ?
Your thoughts would be very helpful as I am struggling to make a final decision.

Spongebob has the 991.1 with X51. He'll be along shortly as hes currently enjoying the Sand pit in the middle east. With putting the carbon seats in his car, I think he's got a unicorn spec.

After much research the difference between Herman (991CS) and a GTS (at the time I purchased) was close to 20k, Herman has the PCCB, X51, PDCC and the sports design pack with ducktail.
I didn't really want the centre locks so for me it was just the interior missing, which didn't relate to 20K! Adding the GT2 folding buckets in my mind raised the spec above a GTS :dont know:
I'll be honest I've never switched the PDCC on :grin: so can't comment (reviews are very mixed) but the Powerpack makes it a GTS in my mind, if you're looking at a 4S with Ceramics that would potentially sway it for me, the ceramics are just amazing and look amazing.
Having said all of the above if there was a GTS v a well spaced 4S for similar money I'd chose the GTS as it's considered more desirable, so the 4S would need to be a good bit cheaper than the GTS 👍

spongebob squarepants said:
After much research the difference between Herman (991CS) and a GTS (at the time I purchased) was close to 20k, Herman has the PCCB, X51, PDCC and the sports design pack with ducktail.
I didn't really want the centre locks so for me it was just the interior missing, which didn't relate to 20K! Adding the GT2 folding buckets in my mind raised the spec above a GTS :dont know:
I'll be honest I've never switched the PDCC on :grin: so can't comment (reviews are very mixed) but the Powerpack makes it a GTS in my mind, if you're looking at a 4S with Ceramics that would potentially sway it for me, the ceramics are just amazing and look amazing.
Having said all of the above if there was a GTS v a well spaced 4S for similar money I'd chose the GTS as it's considered more desirable, so the 4S would need to be a good bit cheaper than the GTS 👍

If the well specced C4S is specced similar to the GTS by having the PDCC, powerkit, except for centre locks and a little bit cheaper would you still go for the GTS ? As the the C4S would then be marginally ahead because of the PCCBs.

I guess what I am looking for is is there so.ething more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Pulled the plug on a C4S with the X51 powerkit, PCCB and PDCC. Car going in for a 111 point check tomorrow. Fingers crossed. If all.is well should get it by weekend.

Bogus said:
I guess what I am looking for is is there something more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Wouldn't it need to be a C4S with SPASM to have the same suspension as the GTS? I thought they were lowered over the standard models.

Mad Mark911 said:
Bogus said:
I guess what I am looking for is is there something more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Wouldn't it need to be a C4S with SPASM to have the same suspension as the GTS? I thought they were lowered over the standard models.

Would need to be PDCC with PASM :thumb: Many of the PDCC cars were specced this way.

OP sounds like a cracking spec :worship:

Mad Mark911 said:
Bogus said:

Yes true and as Sponge says most cars were specced tthat way including this one.

Mad Mark911 said:
Bogus said:

Would need to be PDCC with PASM :thumb: Many of the PDCC cars were specced this way.

@spongebob did you get the car with an Alcantara Steering wheel or got it retrofitted ?

Gotcha! Sounds sublime. I just wish mine had the Powerkit, because at the time I was looking, only the ex-Porsche Experience cars had it and there was no way I was going to buy one of those!

Bogus said:
Mad Mark911 said:
Bogus said:

@spongebob did you get the car with an Alcantara Steering wheel or got it retrofitted ?

Retrofitted by jack at Royal 👍

Bad news guys.

Had the 111 point check done before I bought the car and all was fine except for a cracked rear driver side disc. One disc costs close to £4500 as the car has PCCB. The porsche technician feels would have been a small crack and developed into a big one as the customer would not have noticed it.
That was the only finding.
Should I go for the car if the rear disc is replaced ?

Pic attached

Attachments

• screenshot_20200227_231222_chrome_101.jpg
    screenshot_20200227_231222_chrome_101.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 3,322
I never like to see the crossed drilled holes full of pad material, because someone has gotten them very hot to do that. :(

Two thoughts:
1. The PCCB discs have 3 wear indicators embedded into to them, so what level are all the other discs at.
2. How much life is in the pads? They are expensive and start to prematurely heat up and wear the discs once they get beyond 50% pad life and if you let them go too low - they destroy the discs.

Mad Mark911 said:
I never like to see the crossed drilled holes full of pad material, because someone has gotten them very hot to do that. :(

Two thoughts:
1. The PCCB discs have 3 wear indicators embedded into to them, so what level are all the other discs at.
2. How much life is in the pads? They are expensive and start to prematurely heat up and wear the discs once they get beyond 50% pad life and if you let them go too low - they destroy the discs.

🖕As above, plus if you own a car with Ceramics you would know about that damage 100%. Would be very easy to see just through general daily use, no way the owner (or dealer) wouldn't know.

Would you just replace one? Personally I'd always change in pairs. Plus Remember the only way to check Ceramics properly is to remove them and weigh them, there's some debate on the accuracy of the wear markers, these often show on low mileage cars.

In summary unless the ceramics are 100% you'd need a very healthy discount or walk away (for example 9 grand off my car as there was wear to the rear ceramics) (but no damage) (the fronts had clearly been replaced at some stage).

The other point on such a well specced car would be is it a press car? Quite likely with the spec, not an issue for me, but may be for some. Another possibility would be a Porsche experience car which would be a no-no for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back