Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1995 iris blue C2 - reg N756 PTA - do you know my car?

VB911

I am trying to find some history on my 1995 993 C2 manual - iris Blue . I bought the car just over two years ago and haven't used it that much as I had a 996 daily but I have now sold that and I am planning to use the 993 a lot more .
I bought it from a classic car dealer in Sussex although the only two previous owners info I could find by looking through the patchy service history/documentation ( out of the 10 previous owners !) are from the North of England. I have written to them both but havent had a reply ( addresses may be out of date) .
Its had some thoughtful modifications such as uprated anti roll bars & coil-overs , rear wiper delete and rear screen replaced with lighter one without heating element , fabspeed exhaust , 996 steering wheel and RS gear knob , sport airbox and K&N filter , Hid headlight convertion , strut brace etc. I would be really interested to hear from any previous owners or anyone that knows my car so I can understand more about its past. Also I suspect it may have had some engine work/chip tuning as it does pull particularly well and it would be useful to know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I might get some useful information back

Attachments

• 993_c2_189.jpg
    993_c2_189.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 2,304
Looks lovely...sadly not able to help. At the risk of possibly stating the obvious (apologies if so) Google might be your friend if you know the names of previous owners. I ended up finding a website for the previous owner of my car and ended up having an hour-long call with him about the car and his stewardship of it. Mind you, I am only the 5th owner of mine which made life considerably easier.

Here you go - Linky

I did this back in 2015 - it cost around £5 and took about 3 months but they sent me 42 pages of info :thumb:

edit: I meant to add, for section three I provided loads of information on a seperate sheet - something like this will do the trick:

I am the current owner of this vehicle, and have found gaps in the history paperwork that came with the car. The information that I am particularly interested in is.......(your stuff here)

How am I going to use the information?
The information is required for historical research, and all the documents will be retained to form part of the cars provenance file going forwards - as the vehicle is still in the process of being restored to factory condition.

Thanks for that .. I didnt know that service was available - I will get onto it and with luck will get some information back

really appreciate your help

I'm pretty sure since the GDPR rules came in they no longer send this information. I got mine just before the rules changed and is an interesting read.

Still worth a try though.

mashby said:
I'm pretty sure since the GDPR rules came in they no longer send this information. I got mine just before the rules changed and is an interesting read.

Still worth a try though.

I thought that as well given the new V5 documents no longer have the previous owner's name and address on them :dont know:

Zingari said:
...... I thought that as well given the new V5 documents no longer have the previous owner's name and address on them :dont know:

:eek: you're right. I knew there was something different about my recent replacement but didn't spot it was something as significant as that.

Thanks for this - I have printed off the form and will send it off and see what comes back

It might even be worth seeing if any of the POs that you do know about have any information of ownership prior to them from old documents they may still have. Bit of a long shot, but if you don't ask...

I have details of two previous owners from the documents I did get with the car - I have written to them both around 8 weeks ago but neither has replied sadly.

I googled them both as well but with little success so thought I would try this forum in the hope they or a previous owner might still visit. Working on the theory these cars tend to get under your skin and they might still drive 911's

Also with 10 previous owners I hope maybe even just 1 of them might just see my post

Enjoy the car and look to the future... who gives a sh!t about the past. :thumb:

C.

I am most certainly enjoying it .... to say they are best used regularly has been said so often on here but really is the case

The main reason for my interest is to establish what , if any, engine work has been completed as I want to continue the improvements to the car and it will help me decide whats next
:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back