Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying 718 Boxster GTS/Spyder (Collected today!)

The perfect plate for your gts is on the for sale forum, seeing as you work on the boats! AHOY GTS

Johnny2705 said:
The perfect plate for your gts is on the for sale forum, seeing as you work on the boats! AHOY GTS

:grin: Bargain too

spongebob squarepants said:
Johnny2705 said:

:grin: Bargain too

:hand:

.....but seriously, get it bought

HEiX6pa.jpg

There's quite a lot of confusion about the -10mm PASM option.

The standard GTS suspension is lowered by 20mm just as it is in the four pot.

The no cost option is to only lower the car by 10mm to give increased ground clearance and a softer ride.

Some people are specking the -10mm option thinking it gives them a further 10mm lowering (which would match the GT4 and Spyder)

The standard 20mm is fine, I've driven the four pot with no issues over speed bumps etc and the ride is excellent.

Haven't been on here for an awfully long time, so thought I'd just put up
a post and say hi to anyone who still knows me !. I put a deposit down for
a Boxster GTS late January and got the nod two weeks ago for a June build
slot. The factory closure will no doubt have put this back a few weeks at least,
perhaps a good while longer.
It's my first venture back into an open top car since my 997 4S cab back in
2006, and my first Boxster. I'm so looking forward to a new Porsche with
a third pedal and a good old fashioned n/a motor to wind up. Still got my
Gen 2 GT3 RS, no doubt it'll still get a couple of trips to the Ring once things
have finally settled down. It's a decade since the birth of the Black Cortinas,
I know of at least one person on this thread who'll remember them fondly !.

Bet you are excited, bet it will be ace to drive, a mate has both that and a GT4 RS on order!

nick w said:
a post and say hi to anyone who still knows me !. I put a deposit down for
slot. The factory closure will no doubt have put this back a few weeks at least,
Gen 2 GT3 RS, no doubt it'll still get a couple of trips to the Ring once things
have finally settled down. It's a decade since the birth of the Black Cortinas,

You won't regret it. The Boxster is a great chassis. I think I prefer the mid engines chassis to my 911.

There's now a good chance I'm going to be working in Germany around the time my car should be ready so if that's the case I may do a factory collection.

I've had various Boxster's and Cayman's from my local OPC as loan cars, so
kind of know what fun this is going to be. I had a basic, cooking 718 Cayman
for over a month and genuinely thought what a fantastic daily drive it was 👍

nick w said:
a post and say hi to anyone who still knows me ! ... It's a decade since the birth of the Black Cortinas,

Greetings! I trust that all is well at Chateau W? It is frightening to think about how quickly that decade seems to have blown past isn't it. The nostalgia is strong :thumb:

nick w said:
. I put a deposit down for
have finally settled down.

It is funny, but I actually reckon that the 4 litre Boxster GTS is pretty much the sweet spot of the range right now. I was in the OPC at the start of Feb and I couldn't get past that I actually think that the Box is a better convertible than the 992 Cab (even down to how the switches feel and the control layout). With a decent NA engine in the back of it and a clutch pedal it is certainly compelling...

I won't be doing any car changes any time soon though. Indeed - I am having to rotate the battery maintainer through the fleet at the moment. As I am essentially my mother's carer and she is on the highest category of shielding from COVID - I am basically only leaving the house once a fortnight to restock supplies plus any prescription pickups (thereby minimising any potential contact risk). Until _at_least_ July. I am going to take the GT3 to pick up some medication for her on Monday - it'll be the first time that the poor thing will have been out of the garage in over a month.
:nooo:

Disco said:
nick w said:
a post and say hi to anyone who still knows me ! ... It's a decade since the birth of the Black Cortinas,

Greetings! I trust that all is well at Chateau W? It is frightening to think about how quickly that decade seems to have blown past isn't it. The nostalgia is strong :thumb:

nick w said:
. I put a deposit down for
have finally settled down.

It is funny, but I actually reckon that the 4 litre Boxster GTS is pretty much the sweet spot of the range right now. I was in the OPC at the start of Feb and I couldn't get past that I actually think that the Box is a better convertible than the 992 Cab (even down to how the switches feel and the control layout). With a decent NA engine in the back of it and a clutch pedal it is certainly compelling...

I won't be doing any car changes any time soon though. Indeed - I am having to rotate the battery maintainer through the fleet at the moment. As I am essentially my mother's carer and she is on the highest category of shielding from COVID - I am basically only leaving the house once a fortnight to restock supplies plus any prescription pickups (thereby minimising any potential contact risk). Until _at_least_ July. I am going to take the GT3 to pick up some medication for her on Monday - it'll be the first time that the poor thing will have been out of the garage in over a month.
:nooo:

Good to hear from you Colin, and you're right, the last decade has
indeed come and gone in flash.
These are miserable and unprecedented times for all of us....isn't it
mad when any of us are saying 'we're only venturing out once a
fortnight !'..I wish I could just fast forward to an end to the lockdown
and then cast my eye onto incoming delivery dates !!!

isysman said:
My old Boxster next to my 911. I loved this spec and was sorry to see it go really. Hence me reinventing it with the new car.

Isys, what BBK is that in the 986 and which front bumper? Looks mean!

nick w said:

Mad indeed, but there is no getting away from the fact that my mum's lengthy list of medical issues includes one that is treated with immunosuppressant medication and a selection of heart conditions. If she were to get it, the expectation from the medical people is that it is very unlikely to end well. I just don't get to be blasé about this one.

But lockdown isn't unduely traumatic. For me, lockdown is like Narcos when Pablo Escobar is locked up in a prison of his own design. My first world problem is the list of household jobs that I can't do because they need an extra pair of hands, supplies from places that are shut and to be able to take stuff to the dump (which is also {as we would say in black Cortinas} geschlossen). So I am getting sympathy from precisely nobody, and to be blunt I really do feel for people with limited living space and no garden - they must be going nuts if they are looking after shielded people. And unlike everyone else grumbling about the will-they-won't-they when-will-it-end, at least I know that in my world it isn't before the mid point of the year. Lack of ambiguity is good for composure.

So back on topic : how is your GTS spec looking? :?:

Disco said:
nick w said:

Mad indeed, but there is no getting away from the fact that my mum's lengthy list of medical issues includes one that is treated with immunosuppressant medication and a selection of heart conditions. If she were to get it, the expectation from the medical people is that it is very unlikely to end well. I just don't get to be blasé about this one.

But lockdown isn't unduely traumatic. For me, lockdown is like Narcos when Pablo Escobar is locked up in a prison of his own design. My first world problem is the list of household jobs that I can't do because they need an extra pair of hands, supplies from places that are shut and to be able to take stuff to the dump (which is also {as we would say in black Cortinas} geschlossen). So I am getting sympathy from precisely nobody, and to be blunt I really do feel for people with limited living space and no garden - they must be going nuts if they are looking after shielded people. And unlike everyone else grumbling about the will-they-won't-they when-will-it-end, at least I know that in my world it isn't before the mid point of the year. Lack of ambiguity is good for composure.

So back on topic : how is your GTS spec looking? :?:

Attachments

• 69caf9a0_a8b4_4d12_854f_f315d6fee9b8_111.png
    69caf9a0_a8b4_4d12_854f_f315d6fee9b8_111.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 2,991

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back