Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

advice locked out of the car

johne

Spa-Francorchamps
decided to go out for a drive .didn't realise the trickle charger must have fallen off while putting it up on my ramp .shut the bonnet went back to start the car .no power and the door wont open with the key .advice needed please

Some problem with the doors if they dont open with the key then. As you have a lift maybe try and put a feed on the starter and see if that back feeds to the locking system

Hi

Cannot open front bonnet using the emergency cable? I know there is one. Have never done it though.

Berni

Have you tried both doors with the key? My understanding is that even without power the door should be able to be unlocked manually, so long as the key can turn.

If it can't turn, I'd be looking to introduce some lubricant into the key aperture. Lock lubricant with graphite, ideally, but something like WD40 should also work.

9xxnick said:
Have you tried both doors with the key? My understanding is that even without power the door should be able to be unlocked manually, so long as the key can turn.

If it can't turn, I'd be looking to introduce some lubricant into the key aperture. Lock lubricant with graphite, ideally, but something like WD40 should also work.

Yep..what he said. 8) could your key be worn :?: try the spare..

Passenger door iirc worked with key. Otherwise it's the bonnet release inside the wing. Do wear some strong gloves it can be very tight and may even pull out of the mechanism like mine did.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnxl1s
Back