Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 2020

Love that dual axis...had old banger with broken steering wheel adjust that used to move about. Made turns interesting. Big respect to the boys doing it at those speeds though.

Interesting... good to see a team come up with something new, though I'd imagine that the drivers wouldn't want anything else to think about in the heat of the race.

Any more to the rumours that Lewis may be off to Ferrari?

The return of Marty Wild said:
Merc looking strong, anyone seen this 'Dual Axis Steering' Merc have brought this year?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51576106

FishFace has been giving it the biggun that he'll have Lewis this year.

Yep, saw it yesterday. Seems there's no drama from from the FIA concerning its use.
Clever bit of tech and fair play (if that's what it's deemed) by Merc for introducing it.
Gains would appear marginal but isn't that the very essence of F1, an accumulation of marginal gains. Clive Woowood and Chris Brailsford know all about the significance of incremental improvements.

A one season wonder for the dual axis steering apparently. Not available for next season.

Racing Point have done a shifty by copying Mercs car from last year.
Renault seem to be performing well too.
Hopefully the midfield will be close to the top 3 rather than the 2 tier championships of the past.

FZP said:

Sensible decision for a lower cost year given they become Aston Martin for 2021. Road cars dropping Mercedes engines so maybe the 2021 regs change mean it will get an Aston engine in the f1car as well?

G2 said:
FZP said:

Sensible decision for a lower cost year given they become Aston Martin for 2021. Road cars dropping Mercedes engines so maybe the 2021 regs change mean it will get an Aston engine in the f1car as well?
I dare say they'll rebrand Merc engines as Aston Martin, as they do in the road cars. I can't see them spending their new investment solely in F1. I hope we get a Gulf liveried F1 car. That would look mega.

Interesting to see how much it actually does? Presumably the wheel is locked and needs to be engaged in order for the wheel to shift fore and aft?!

Also interesting that it's been banned for next year.

FishFace has a face like a slapped arse and the temperament of a can of Stella Artois.

Interesting to see how much it actually does? Presumably the wheel is locked and needs to be engaged in order for the wheel to shift fore and aft?!

A good explanation of it here...

Thanks I had read up and understood what was happening and why, but had not yet see the wheels move.

Thanks I had read up and understood what was happening and why, but had not yet see the wheels move.

You probably won't, I bet the angle change at the wheels will be very small. Great idea, amazing that nobody had thought of doing that before. As with so many good ideas, it seems obvious afterwards.

MC

MisterCorn said:

You probably won't, I bet the angle change at the wheels will be very small. Great idea, amazing that nobody had thought of doing that before. As with so many good ideas, it seems obvious afterwards.

MC

Exactly what I was thinking when I read about this yesterday, such a simple idea with potentially great gains in tyre wear and straight line speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back