Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CD Changer dead? Revive or change for a bluetooth solution?

Jackzi

Hi everyone.

I know the factory CD changers can be fickle things.

The fact that they're mounted on the boot floor in 4WD cars also means they can be bumped by cargo. I reckon that's what happened in my case.

All it says is "Load CD changer" on the PCM and I can't play anything back.

I was able to take the magazine out and put it back in for a while, but now the magazine won't eject either.

Any ideas for a fix?

Or do I get one of those LA Bluetooth A2DP adapters?

Thoughts appreciated for the similarly afflicted.

9 times out of 10 and it will be a defective CD changer ..

However .. my colleague last week did a handover using a tester to fix a seperate fault and the " dead " CD changer started working ...

It had the exact fault yours has .

In short .. get your guys to do a handover just in case it fixes it .. if not it's a replace it job !

Id vote for removing the CD changer and adding the LA power / Mr12v Bluetooth unit. You get Bluetooth music, a phone that connects via the PCM and more frunk space by junking the changer :thumb:
No point chasing your tail on old junk, if you do want a working changer just buy one they are pennies on ebay.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I don't want to sound thick, but what exactly is a handover?

If the changer really is dead then I'm thinking about the bluetooth option.

The only thing with that is having to wire up a microphone as I read that it won't work with the OEM one. Is that right?

When we PDI these cars we have to activate the control units for every system .. they are in sleep mode or transport mode ..

Basically a lot of the systems are shut down including you can't drive the car over 30 mph .

This is a handover which is a software command done with a tester .

Sometimes a " unit " can need waking back up so to speak .. best way to understand it is you have to turn off your home computer and turn it back on again to fix a crash or a fault .. turn it off then turn it back on .. i know Virgin often say that with their tv set top boxes lol .

This is what a handover does .

For this fault then it's unlikely to fix it .. but based on what my colleague said then its pretty much all you can try .. 5 min job at Heroes .

Riccardo said:
Phil 997 said:
It Ian's handover suggestion doesn't sort it and you want to keep it these are the guys to send it to for repair . or if your close enough they may do a while you wait repair

https://www.cartronics.co.uk/case-studies/porsche-repair-cd-changer-cdc4

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Good link, worth knowing. Have you used them and have any idea of costs? My CDC4 also seems to work less and less often these days...

Yes I have used them a few years ago, very good service and the whole process only took a week from sending to getting it back. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back