Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed Yellow 993 C4 - Rear lid lip spoiler

991.2GTS

Imola
Can anyone tell me if the rear tail lid lip spoiler on this C4 is original?

https://www.seymourpope.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U371/#

I like the car, but hate that thing. Does anyone know how easy this would be to remove, and would it be a case of unsightly plugs?

I've emailed the dealer, and asked if it was factory fitted, and they said they think its a genuine OEM part. But non committal on the ease of removal or if it left the factory like that.

Thanks.

My cousin had the exact same spoiler on a 993 that he had about 20 years ago, i have seen these on 993's before and always assumed they were genuine parts, Definately looks like a 90's thing.........

Can the OPC not give you a build spec of the car ?

A TechArt item, according to a post on Rennlist...:

887742d1416290787-96-arena-red-993-in-denver-37a7999eeec49da176fd43b1e8ab4f40.jpg

887744d1416290787-96-arena-red-993-in-denver-872877d8eae1a330c4971f1741466981.jpg

C4Silver said:
My cousin had the exact same spoiler on a 993 that he had about 20 years ago, i have seen these on 993's before and always assumed they were genuine parts, Definately looks like a 90's thing.........

Can the OPC not give you a build spec of the car ?

Thanks. I'll get the dealer to send a list of the options and I'll check against this:

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/993-94-95/

I can't find much mention of them anywhere else. The closest I can find to it is on a 964, but this was an aftermarket mod.

There is also a 993 mod from techart that is similar. But can't find any mention of this being stock.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/844246-96-arena-red-993-in-denver.html

Attachments

• 4de27746_a1aa_4ad5_9a33_c5509a0860de_122.jpeg
    4de27746_a1aa_4ad5_9a33_c5509a0860de_122.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,462
Its a Techart part, back in the 1990's Techart were in bed with Porsche UK, so technically a Porsche part?

I'm liking the speed yellow car :thumb:

Too much dough for me though :bandit:

Thanks to everyone for their input. It looks like it's the techart 'heckspoiler'. Found installation instructions here.

It's a shame, as it'll leave behind some drilled holes in the lid. Which I expected, but I was hoping, against hope, that it might have been fixed in another way.

So, this one isn't meant to be. The search continues......

991.2GTS said:
It's a shame, as it'll leave behind some drilled holes in the lid. Which I expected, but I was hoping, against hope, that it might have been fixed in another way.

You're going to reject the car on that? Given the investment going into the car, surely the additional cost of a new deck lid wouldn't break the bank?

gunner said:
991.2GTS said:

You're going to reject the car on that? Given the investment going into the car, surely the additional cost of a new deck lid wouldn't break the bank?

agree.. link above for deck lid, just needs some paint and prep. price the work and bid the dealer less that figure.

You could sell that deck lid with spoiler if need be for a similar sum to the oem one on ebay I linked id say.

Ian

Agree with the above comments: my car came with an aerokit that I didn't want, but didn't let that stop me. Actually sold the bits on here and ended up a few quid up after buying the standard parts.

If the car is otherwise right for you, it'll be worth a little extra effort.

991.2GTS said:

:eek:

Why not just buy a new spoiler and get it painted :dont know:

Chances are the raising spoiler will have a slight curve/bow due to engine heat over the time so you get to fix that as well.

Zingari said:
991.2GTS said:

:eek:

Why not just buy a new spoiler and get it painted :dont know:

Chances are the raising spoiler will have a slight curve/bow due to engine heat over the time so you get to fix that as well.

I linked the spoiler free item above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back