Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

e996

They're only pushing it for 2 reasons:

1. Tax generator.

2. Virtue signaler vote baging.

To give in is for pussies. I will fight to my death for what I believe is right and there's never been a more important time to do it. :eek:ld:

I think we are missing point in this post, it wasn't about GreenDeal but if you consider put electric to 911, so chill out guys :D

So perhaps I will just point out what I was planning to do:

My BMW 635 CSI nice old best BMW ever, car will be send out for full body restoration not that is so bad as I was driving it for 2 years but slowly rust take it over, so I stuck with the same dilemma ICE with very bad MPG or go for something crazy and install electric motor.

After hours of research and different option best solution is to buy tesla on COPART, but cost and work that has to be done for me is just tooooooo much.

Conclusion BMW 635 CSI engine could be easily tuned to 500+ BHP numbers without spending ££££, electric probably will be catching more attention and super crazy fast with 100's problems to deal with so NO NO for me.

911 convert to electric will cost even more as there is not as much space, so for that money I would buy 991 gt3 complete engine and just pay for some maniac #MisterCorn 8) to fit it if rebuild/conversion do not appeal.

:thumbs: Spot on Szy!

Obvious to see that the answer to this is Nuclear. My mate's daughter works in the Nuclear industry and her current project is designing Nuclear powered micro-turbines. Size equivalent of you local sub-station. These things will be the future, like it or not.

Ps: The wind figure is a blatant lie!!!!!!

screenshot_2020_02_14_at_200636_313.png

Dammit said:
How would that wind figure be falsified Alex?

Because many of the wind farms have back-up gas generators that kick in multiple times a day to continue generating electric when the wind isn't blowing (as I stated in my post above).

These:

MWM-TCG-3016-Gas-Engine.png

Dammit said:
And that's not counted as part of the gas figure?

I very much doubt it as they run in parallel with the wind mills at point of output. I may be wrong but I doubt it. Those figures quoted in the chart will be a percentage of each sector.

I'd thought that companies like Sembcorp were separate to the wind generation companies, and provided power rapidly at times of load on the grid and/or low wind availability, and would be counted as part of the gas generation figure?

https://www.sembcorp.co.uk/

Chart above states Combined Gas Cycle Turbine. That's not Gas or Diesel powered generators used to back-up wind farms. So where is the figure for that?

Meanwhile, blatantly exploiting an opportunity, if anyone is replacing their 996/7/Boxster engine we are always looking for them - please get in touch [email protected] Not of much value of the crank is damaged however.

The answer is clearly hybrids. We need to reduce pollution in built up areas and Councils will introduce exclusion zones that are likely to be 20mph zones (so no chance to drive with spirit there).

The other issue is to finally put car tax on fuel. Its easy to find the total income from road tax and from fuel tax (so a child at school could work out the addition). Plenty of environmental projects to employ road tax employees and no new staff needed - it is just a different number on the fuel tax system already collected - and less police time wasted chasing tax dodgers and those using the roads more paying their rightful share!.

This would discourage use of fossil fuels for short journeys (until the battery gets low) yet still allow the experience of a powerful engine when on track days or Country drives.

The Government just need to change the tax and delay introducing a sales ban on hybrids until well after those for fossil fuelled cars.

Hydrogen fuel also needs fully investigating as an alternative.

Baz

bazhart said:
....... The other issue is to finally put car tax on fuel. Its easy to find the total income from road tax and from fuel tax (so a child at school could work out the addition). Plenty of environmental projects to employ road tax employees and no new staff needed - it is just a different number on the fuel tax system already collected - and less police time wasted chasing tax dodgers and those using the roads more paying their rightful share!.

:yeah:

I've been saying for many years that this is the simplest solution. It would also get some revenue from foreigners that currently use our roads tax free.

Problem is Baz, today's generation are too thick to remember to plug them in so most are continually running on fossil fuel and are less efficient than your ICE.

I'll never forget hiring a hybrid on holiday (totally pointless as there where no charging points anywhere but at least the hire company ticked the virtue signal box). Worked out the mpg when I returned it and got 32mpg. The same figure as I get when I drive my 996 down the the South of France. :floor:

Regardless of all this, someone has yet to prove CO2 is a problem and man made CO2 is warming the planet to a state of emergency. It's all just theory and isn't really happening.

......and all of us will suffer due to actions taken to fall in line with the myth. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back