Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S - thoughts?

991.2GTS

Imola
What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910042957720

I'm ideally looking for a 4S, but I'd consider a 2S. I'd also want to return the badging back to stock, as not too impressed with that. The wheels I'm in two minds about. The purist in me favours stock, but from a purely aesthetic stance, I quite like the Fuchs.

The interior I'm less fussy about, and like the houndstooth they've gone with. It has some brand heritage. And the other changes I'm happy enough with.

The price is certainly at the top end too........ :?:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

kas750 said:
I think its been ruined. :what: :nooo:

I think it looks lovely but not for 90k :eek:

991.2GTS... I suspect you may have an idea of my thinking to some degree...(-: First off, I trust you are not thinking of buying with the next owners possible priorities in mind...? Hopefully you are hoping to find YOUR ideal Porsche as THE priority. For that kind of money and in a Porsche of that type originality would be one of my priorities. Lowered suspension is a gain a negative. My least worry would be the Fuchs as they look great and can easily be returned to original though there are cost implications.. The trim is not hounds tooth as I remember it and detracts greatly for me.... NO pictures of the engine bay is a tad disappointing same for under the frunk.. Again given the price, I would really need to know it had not suffered accident damage and definately no patch repairs anywhere in the structure. engine performance I would also want to have it inspected by a 993 expert.... I suspect I need not mention my thinking re market direction... (-:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1201500

Good luck in your search. :thumb:

It's been for sale quite some time and I suspect the market for these cars now predominantly demands originality, especially at that price point

These are certainly moving a lot slower now than 12-18 months ago and in my opinion that car is not realistically priced in the current market, Not a great deal of choice about at the moment for these.

Great car, love the way it looks, but way too much money for me. In this market at an auction it would be much less. Appreciate it's not an auction but no, not £90k.

If I'm honest I like the interior more than I do the wheels, for some reason it looks like an anthill mob car with those wheels, They just don't suit that car for me, the interior though looks ok from a distance, you need to have a close look see if it's finished to a good standard.

Also for me it's £20K too much,

nickpan said:
You can find Turbos for that money?

Yes, but not a fan of the wing/tail. The same body shell but the cleaner lines of the 2S/4S are my preference.

That's a much nicer example, at a much better price !
Looks more original, BUT...... If your after a 4S i'd wait a month or 2 see what hits the market at Easter......

£90k :eek:

90 :dont know:

Genuine 18" Fuchs :?:

These the repro one's they've started to make again :?

Still cool though 8)

I Like it and lets be honest a wide body 993 WITHOUT the massive rear spoiler 'spoiling" the lines is a thing of real beauty :worship: .....

So lets look at what its got in its favour:

- Its a widebody NA 993 :eek:
- its manual (most 2S are tip in the UK :hand: )
- it black on silver
- on the face of it it has been very well maintained (That dealer would not touch a dog)
- the mileage is perfect ie you can drive it and not affect value

What's it got against it:
- the interior is marmite but is easily fixed very cheaply ie only the centres need to be changed (I like it as it lightens the interior and you can get replacement centres, they just Velcro in you know :wink: )
- the wheels are marmite (again I like them, I think the car 'sits" perfectly on them) ...........but have good value so would likely cost you nothing to swap for original 2S (which where the cheaper solid spokes from the factory)
- it does not have hardbacks

Yes its top end but its a rare car and is one of the rare 2S that I would value like for like with a 4S........

Its a top car and if the maintenance record is as fastidious as I suspect it will be then...........did I mention it looks gorgeous.......and its rare :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back