Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

looking for a 997.1 what options are the ones to have

Thanks for all the replies.

Never knew a quick shift was available as a factory option. I think the only option that's essential for me would be cruise as I'm lazy on long journeys 😂

Seriously though sport chrono would be nice but there doesn't appear to be many with it.

Sunroof and heated seats could take or leave, I don't like the look of the rear wiper but I think at the minute finding a good car in a nice colour combo is priority. As some have said most options can be retro fitted.

buttertubs said:
.......... As some have said most options can be retro fitted.

including cruise control. :thumb:

buttertubs said:
I'm currently on the hunt for a 997.1 manual coupe, but obviously I'm finding the cars have massively varying spec's. I'm after a little help with the followings

1. what are the must have options on a gen 1 car.

Full 6-pack Hartech rebuild.

Rear wiper and sunroof are non desirable for me. The former is ugly and isn't needed, the airflow over the beautiful body invariably kept the rear windscreen spotless on my Cayman at least. Even in heavy rain.

My 997 came fitted with a few extras such as heated seats, rear wiper, dipping mirrors and some of have liked such as cruise control.
I've removed the wiper, fitted bucket seats, fitted cruise, short shift, momo wheel, ducktail, Fuchs wheels and now it's how I want it.
Very customisable. Sod the extras and buy on condition & history then modify.

My pennies-worth; I have a 997.1 C4S.

Sunroof: if you like them, great. In mine I get wind buffeting all the time so have to drive with the window slightly open. If I could swap it for glass I would but I hardly ever open it.

I want to change the stereo but it has Bose, so I have to get an adapter for £350 in addition to a head unit. The sound may (or may not, depends on your view) be good but upgrading it is a PITA.

PSE - I had this fitted when my exhaust needed changing. Well worth it. The only thing I would prefer is if I could have it on all the time. I have a Porsche warrantee so Gundo hack not available to me.

Multifunction steering wheel looks more contemporary but I usually use the buttons on the PCM (for now). It's not all that easy to use.

Heated seats? Absolutely.

Telephone module? If you want a SIM card in the dash and can't get a Bluetooth module, maybe?

Not sure what other options would be useful.

Rich

Heated adaptive sports seats are awesome. Seek these out if you can. Wasn't a deal breaker for me initially, but I'd be reluctant to buy one without now.

PSE is great, but I'm sure other options are available. Was a must have for me. It's switched on for most journeys and sounds awesome. Not sure why you'd have a sports car without a sports exhaust!

Chrono is only worth it IMO for automatic and PDK transmission. You can recreate the effect with your right foot. Wouldn't be something I'd actively seek out.

Other must haves for me were manual, S and no roof (to enjoy the glorious sound)!

The wide bottom of the 4S is great, but on the 997.1 without the red strip, it's a little less obvious. Still looks amazing though, and wouldn't discount it unless you're very aware of the driving dynamics of both RWD and AWD.

i agree with most of the comments but no one has mentioned number of owners , I wanted a 997.1 cobalt blue black inside and sport design wheels 06/07 plate and a 3.6lt unit But I wanted a one owner car which I think is pretty rare on a 14yr old car it took me 2yrs to find the right car

Personally try and buy a 1/2 owner car

That's my option

Mike :thumbs:

PSE and Chrono. I have extended leather too which is a nice touch.
I like using my sunroof to listen to the exhaust/engine noise ;)

Supersport Mike said:
i agree with most of the comments but no one has mentioned number of owners , I wanted a 997.1 cobalt blue black inside and sport design wheels 06/07 plate and a 3.6lt unit But I wanted a one owner car which I think is pretty rare on a 14yr old car it took me 2yrs to find the right car

Personally try and buy a 1/2 owner car

That's my option

Mike :thumbs:

Did you manage to find a 1 owner car ?
That's some going and wll attract a premium on a car like these where by most people will own one just to tick it off before moving on to 997.2 or 991 etc, A mate of mine has a 997.2 GTS, a 991 50th and just taken delivery last month of a 992 GTS Cab, still has the others and 2 993's....... The 50th has gone up and up and seems to be quite collectable, all are 1 owner but not for sale.

I recently saw a 997.1 GT Silver C4S 13,000 miles 1 owner AND it was £55K !

I hadn't really considered owners, i dont think i'd have considered a 10 owner car but thought most at the ripe old age of 14 would have some where near to at least 4 owners ? possibly 6 maybe even 8 ?

As i said earlier in the thread, i'd discounted a sunroof, not for the Motorsport theme or weight saving it was based purely on having owned Land Rovers for 20 odd years...... I know these arent built like Landy's but water gets anywhere it can, Rear wiper, I was taking the rear wipers Golfs 30 years ago and filling the hole with a rubber bung and some Sikaflex so i wasn't' going to replicate that on something i'd waited so long to own.....
All other add on's are exactly that as said, BUT Like the recent PCCB thread where replicating that add on was £20K.... removing rear wipers and swapping to an aftermarket head unit are relatively cheap, Adaptive Sports Seats and PSE aren't.

The other side of this is future potential buyers. I wanted a car with PSE but wouldn't have bought one with it fitted after, same as Sports seats, i checked what was fitted at the factory by the build spec carefully and made sure mine had everything listed and nothing that shouldn't have been there. Not every one will be as picky as me but Porsche buyers are a finicky bunch.....
:grin:

I kid you not

Interior like new , no paintwork non smoker (that's a must) ,really lucky

Previous owner was a professor and bought it new

Mike

That's a great criteria to have, mine has a few more owners, also a none smoker though, which as you say is essential, just goes to prove they are out there and with spring just around the corner who knows what's been lurking under wraps waiting for hunting season !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back