Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Model replica of the GT3C C11BRA

HSC911 said:
C11BRA said:
Had fun today printing my own water slide decals.

How 8)

Who made them up for you :dont know:

I want :thumb:

You can buy blank sheets in clear & white. Laser or inkjet. Then just print from PC.

However, the ink ran in the water. So. I laminated with clear packing tape before dropping into the water. Seemed to work. A bit of luck.

That's bloody brilliantly that is.

Is there a website you have to visit to download the badges etc to make the transfers?
How do you know what size? I see you have 3 different sizes, but how do you decide those?
What about the number plates? Same website?

Very impressive. 8)

Marky911 said:
That's bloody brilliantly that is.

Is there a website you have to visit to download the badges etc to make the transfers?
How do you know what size? I see you have 3 different sizes, but how do you decide those?
What about the number plates? Same website?

Very impressive. 8)

No website. Just found the badge online then scaled to roughly the size you want. I did 3 sizes just so I could choose by eye. Same with the GT3C. Re-sized my logo file. Technically this badge is slightly over scale but I think it needed it to be legible.

As for the plates. Google UK number plate font & download for free. Then just make them in a paint or other graphic software. Spacing them so they match your car.

All panels painted & lacquered including the shell. Ready for de-nibbing & polishing next week.

Then onto the interior modifications next.

A quick tea break update.

The carbon scoop fades. I am happy with them.

Starting to refit the outer trims.

Removed the cage & started to modify the seats to look similar to my hard back sports seats.

Modified rear lamp trials & door pull preparations. Will decided about recolouring all the interior leather to grey tomorrow.

Early stages of the Bose Subwoofer

Thanks for the info. I envy the fact you have the time to do this. :D

That's looking great. 8)

I see your car has the rare 'timber rear shelf" option. :grin:
I know, it's to make your Bose woofer from. :wink:

You should just buy buckets for your car :grin:

Great work! :worship:

HSC911 said:
You should just buy buckets for your car :grin:

Great work! :worship:

Now where the hell would I get some bucket seats from??? 🤣😂

Marky911 said:
Thanks for the info. I envy the fact you have the time to do this. :D

That's looking great. 8)

I see your car has the rare 'timber rear shelf" option. :grin:
I know, it's to make your Bose woofer from. :wink:

Bass boxes are often made from wood. Good resonance.

However, I might not actually fit speakers into this model. 🤪

Had some time to kill today at work. So. I decided to change the leather colour from black to a grey (matched from memory?) and painted the seatbelts & door pulls. Even added a splash of yellow where the stitching is on the steering wheel & gaiters.

Assembled the double red tint rear lights & fitted back the headlights etc.

Chassis re-built except the tubular stainless steel tailpipes that will replace the black solid plastic examples on the model.

The Bose subwoofer will take some time. I made the ports & centre badge today but run out of time to attach and paint. That is the last part stopping me from final fitting of the body back to the chassis.

Items left to do.
Bose subwoofer.
Rear number plate C11BRA decal.
Tailpipes.
Possibly fit a front number plate.

Really happy with the yellow strap door pulls. Made from masking tape & glue.

The double tint rear lights look pretty good too imo.

I've done some damage detail to the front splitter but I think I need to apply a Matt finish as it looks a bit shiny.

Yellow seat belts & grey interior is ok from a distance. Modified the seats to remove the clubsport seat belt holes but close up, they're not great.

Bose update.

Nearly finished.
Tailpipes machined from 316 stainless
Rear number plate added
Body back together

Photo shoot at workshop & Ace Café done.

Puddle shots.

Good work :thumb:
I might commission you to build me one if you are taking orders 😉

:worship:

Forgot it was the Ace thing last night :pc:

Add me on the list after AK :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member