Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

I call for March Manchester catch up at Martin place 8)

I love your project!!!

This really is an amazing project which the finished car will be testament to and i just can't believe how you remember how each screw goes back together, i struggle after 2 minuets let alone 2 years. Really looking forward to seeing it come back together, keep up the excellent work.

Thefinn said:
This really is an amazing project which the finished car will be testament to and i just can't believe how you remember how each screw goes back together, i struggle after 2 minuets let alone 2 years. Really looking forward to seeing it come back together, keep up the excellent work.

I don't remember. Where I can I put bolts and screws back as I go along, otherwise I put them in labelled bags, failing that I look it up on the parts diagram.

MC

Car looks stunning, massively impressive!

I'm doing my cables soon, numeric racing rather than cup but same deal, may I ask you a couple of questions.

What's the other cable in the grommet?
Also with the box in place is there much else to remove that may be in the way? I appreciate you may not know this as yours is stripped!

jond58 said:
Car looks stunning, massively impressive!

I'm doing my cables soon, numeric racing rather than cup but same deal, may I ask you a couple of questions.

What's the other cable in the grommet?
Also with the box in place is there much else to remove that may be in the way? I appreciate you may not know this as yours is stripped!

Ask anything you like, I'm doing this to help others and share the fun. As you say mine is stripped so not easy to see what would be in the way for the cables from underneath. For the interior you would need to remove the console and handbrake, but that is all pretty easy. The grommet and cables came out without and great difficultly. The other cable is a thick power cable.

MC

Super thanks. As usual hoping to remove the minimum of items then starting and realising I'm taking loads of bits off!!

New belt arrived, 50mm shorter than the original one, fits a treat.

Shift lever refitted along with the ratty old handbrake just in case I need one. I'll get the better one painted up before it goes back in.

Fired up the tracker to check that it all works before the dashboard is screwed in place, by design it is a bit of a pig to get at afterwards.

MC

Thinking about the interior. Centre console, horseshoe, instrument binnacle surround. I was planning on doing the centre console in body colour to brighten the interior, what are the thoughts on other interior trim???

MC

Psychedelic flowers... .....c'mon. It suits the exterior. :food: :food: :food:

MisterCorn said:
Thinking about the interior. Centre console, horseshoe, instrument binnacle surround. I was planning on doing the centre console in body colour to brighten the interior, what are the thoughts on other interior trim???

MC
I definitely agree on the Centre Console going Rubystone.. I love it when the outside colour comes inside..

MisterCorn said:

MC

I genuinely don't understand peoples need to "brighten the interior" (they don't do this is race cars :dont know:)

with your body colour, I think (personally! - nobody shoot me!) you should just let the outside sing and the interior do its own thing
- maybe do something with the thin accent strip across the dash, or revisit ideas about doing the side and door inserts, etc in a different fabric - I think pasha inserts would look awesome with that exterior colour(!)

I do like the centre console in body colour, with the rest of the interior being black carpet and charcoal alcantara it will be pretty dark otherwise. These are the parts I can't decide what to do with, the original interior was Metropole Blue but these parts are pretty scruffy anyway, so something needs doing with them. I could just repaint them in a semi-gloss black?

Dashboard is screwed back in place now, fitting the passenger airbag next.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I do like the centre console in body colour, with the rest of the interior being black carpet and charcoal alcantara it will be pretty dark otherwise..

..I could just repaint them in a semi-gloss black?
Agree on both counts..

GT Silver centre console in my Turbo S lifted the Black interior nicely..

And yes, Satin Black for the plastic ancillaries..?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back