Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter Upgrades

villaman

Ok..I thought I'd list what I've done to my car whilst it's been tucked away over the winter.

1) Front end respray (Bumper, Wings and Bonnet) . There were a load of quite deep stone chips so,it's really did need it.

2) Andoid Head Unit - (HL-8815GB) - The previous owner had already replaced the garbage PCM unit...but Im a big fan of the factory looking stereos, especially the Andoid variant. This is the 3rd one I've fitted

3) Sport Design Steering Wheel - again the previous owner had replaced the stock wheel with a Gen2 PDK, but I do like the sport design wheel.

4) Wheels - the car came with lobster claws..which I think look great...but as im an habitual wheel changer I put 20" Turbo II's on. Whilst they looked OK it was a mistake. I could feel the weight difference on acceleration...handling was ok and maybe better on turn in due more rubber. However...I've replaced them with a set of black 19" sport design wheels which I've had refurbed. I now need a couple of PS2's for the front two.

4) Brake calliper refurb. The previous owner looks to have had a go themselves...didn't looked great so I've got them booked in for a refurb and repaint. I thought about yellow..as I like the colour..not to pretend I've got PCB's..however because of that perception I'll keep them red.

5) Topg gear Exhaust - I've brought the valued vaviant with the 200 cell cats to replace my Danks super sound which is a little to Lairy for me..my neighbours in the village hate me...I do however like the over run on it but the flexi's have gone, so it had to be replaced. Fitting tomorrow.

6) And finally....a detailer is offering a special offer of full paint correction and detail with a Cermic coat so,this is booked in for the beginning of March

All of this in time for a couple of forum runs to Scotland in March an April

I'll post some pics at some stage.

Spending those 'funds coupons'! Nice work. Sounds like she has a caring owner!

Nice bit of personalising and upgrading . :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks guys.

The front end was £650..which i think was cheap. Its a back to metal job and the colour matching is fantastic...you'd never know unless i told you.

The company i use are based in Leek Staffs and they've done my previous x 2 987's.

Sounds lovely mate!!! Do you have any pics of the new bits fitted etc. Would be nice to see

Yes fully intend to upload some pics in fact I'd planned to do it today but Derek has put pay to that as the weather is God awful

villaman said:
Thanks guys.

The front end was £650..which i think was cheap. Its a back to metal job and the colour matching is fantastic...you'd never know unless i told you.

The company i use are based in Leek Staffs and they've done my previous x 2 987's.

Thanks, that sounds like a great price!

Ok..see here is a photo of the new Android Head Unit

(Previous owner changed the center console colour from silver to black)

I also need to clean the inside of my car..its looking a little grubby after the fitting of mods !

Attachments

• 20200216_093630_111.jpg
    20200216_093630_111.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,464
  • 20200216_093656_171.jpg
    20200216_093656_171.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 1,464
Steering wheel

This is going to divide opinion.....

Trust me..it looks better in the flesh and brightens up an otherwise very dark interior..

PDK Paddles coming off shortly..i couldn't find a none PDK for sale for sensible money.

Attachments

• 20200216_100526_146.jpg
    20200216_100526_146.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 1,459

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back