Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to look for a 996.1 aero packed C2 (or C4)?

tcw

Trainee
Hey everyone - new here.

I'm on the lookout for a 996.1 aero packed C2. I'm currently looking in a few places but would really appreciate suggestions of where to keep an eye out/who to get in touch with to ensure I don't miss one.

I'm open to one with higher mileages, as I do very little (and don't mind getting the spanners out).

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I'd love to look around some (even if not for sale) - in the Essex/Chelmsford area.

Ha Ha, I wasn't aware it was just the first one that popped up!

Caveat emptor and all that obviously..... :thumb:

carandclassic.co.uk - there was a lovely white one on there recently.

You can filter with the keyword 'aero" (/GT3etc)

Also Trovit for picking up ads all over the place including expired (but car may still be available).

Thanks so much, I wasn't aware of trovit - that will come in handy I'm sure. I'll keep looking :)

omigod said:

And it's a C4.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I have a C4. Beauty of a C4 is you can turn it into a C2 and back very easily. Not so easy to turn a C2 into a C4.

UncleP said:
omigod said:

And it's a C4.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I have a C4. Beauty of a C4 is you can turn it into a C2 and back very easily. Not so easy to turn a C2 into a C4.

And a stiffer shell. :thumb:

UncleP said:
omigod said:

And it's a C4.

As a matter of interest how easy is it to actually remove the front drive from a C4?

It is very easy to do, but if you want to do a 'proper' job then you also change the front uprights to the C2 ones to get the better suspension geometry. Alternatively you can just modify the driveshafts to make them in to stub axles.
Remove propshaft, remove front diff, remove driveshafts. Modify driveshafts, refit them.

I haven't yet found a bigger fuel tank which will fit the C4, which is a ***** as the tank is not exactly huge.

MC

MisterCorn said:
It is very easy to do, but if you want to do a 'proper' job then you also change the front uprights to the C2 ones to get the better suspension geometry. Alternatively you can just modify the driveshafts to make them in to stub axles.
Remove propshaft, remove front diff, remove driveshafts. Modify driveshafts, refit them.

I haven't yet found a bigger fuel tank which will fit the C4, which is a ***** as the tank is not exactly huge.

MC

This is quite helpful thanks.

P.S. is there anyone in Essex (Chelmsford) who'd let me have a look around/take me out in one?

Keep your eyes peeled on here, I looked for months for my 996 and then found 'the one' on here.

Have a really good look at the sills of the cars equipped with the Aero kit - of the ones I looked at the Aero cars were rusting quite badly

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back