Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Luxor beige interior ??hot or not

I suggest you live with the interior a while then decide if you want to calm the beige a bit options would be get a retrimmer to add some black to the tops of the door cards to match the two tone dash , not sure about painting the centre console on a 991 but you could look at different colour seat belts that mod is only about £37 a corner and can massively lift the interior. , Is the steering wheel black or beige again a retrimmer can help maybe add a coloured section at the 12 o'clock position to match with coloured seatbelts. there loads you can do to break up a beige interior . :thumb: :thumb:

Location makes a massive difference to colour as well. After spending most of winter down under, I was shocked to note that older 911's look better there than they do here. They seem to be clearer, and shinier than here. Now I don't think for one second that my compatriots are better at keeping cars in tip top condition(but it's probably true as we are better at most thing than you lot are :grin:), but light strength and angle can really change the colours.
I agree 100000000000% that dash tops should always be dark for reasons stated earlier. I googled the interior you mentioned and it looks very classy in my book. The contrast isn't in your face as a solid one would be. I'd say that is a config for the Arab states as they love that sort of thing.
Rest easy in your choice it will be easy to live with. This coming from a bloke who's interior resembles a dark chocolate birthday cake, and I love it to bits.

Contrast all the way, they look great in the flesh :thumb:

ewBN6GU.jpg

Lovely interior! :thumbs:

Just need to add beige floor mats :thumb:

^^^^^ My beige mats are turning black over winter, they are the nicest looking least practical floor mats every created.

Insu said:

actually now I see a pic I dont think I would change anything it looks good as it is :thumb:

Congratulations from the slower NA camp! First post from me - hi everyone. Just picked up a Basalt 991.1 C4S with the same combo; I was a bit worried about the beige but the mechanical spec was more important to me. Difficult to find - the end of a 2 year search :). For me, I would want to go a bit 'blacker', maybe a black armrest to continue the black console but I'm splitting hairs there - £250 for an armrest lid - may be not! But the black dash, black mats and top half with deviated stitching look good to me. Last car was a 535d grey on black and the new contrast is a welcome feature. BTW nobody told me a C4S could be as comfortable as a 5 series touring MSport - that was a bonus I never expected! Phenomenal cars! Will need to reduce file size of a pic to post...

Looks great, but I'd consider doing 'something' with the bling bits. Gear shifter, door pulls and steering wheel. They look a bit out of place and forgotten with the colour scheme.

They might not be so bad in real life, but noticeable in a photo.

OttoOtto said:
Congratulations from the slower NA camp! First post from me - hi everyone.

Hi and :welcome: to 911uk

Here's the view of the beige/black from the outside..

Attachments

• 1__1_1_207.jpg
    1__1_1_207.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 2,431
Love it! :thumbs:

Makes such a nice change from sitting in a boring black hole :grin:

Nice. That's exactly the trim i specced on my 981 i loved it (racing yellow exterior), as above the black is needed not least to stop reflections. I found i did needed to clean the seats quite regularly, as a jean wearer! it was a DD.
Enjoy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back