Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Luxor beige interior ??hot or not

Insu

Been looking for a 991 turbo for a while now and whilst my preference on interior would be red or black a good deal has come up on one with luxor beige interior black headlining and dash but all seats door cards etc in luxor beige . Trouble is it's far away so if I travel up it will be to make a purchase , hard to tell in pictures what it looks like is it horrible and no one will ever want to buy it when it comes to resale or is it actually quite nice in person ha ! ?

Hello Insu
my turbo is Luxor beige with black dash/wheel etc
I absolutely love it as it constrasts the night blue exterior
Luxor carpets are not easy to clean in winter though!
Happy to upload picture later if you like

Personally I am not a big fan of all black interiors. I find lighter coloured interiors a bit more special / different and stop it feeling like driving in a dark hole. IMHO beige works really well with black or dark blue exteriors :thumbs:

Good luck! :thumb:

The black dash will make a great contrast... I think the beige/red/etc colours work best in Porsches when there is a bit of contrast IMHO.

From bitter experience I'd invest in some black mats, for the winter at least.

TurboSandGT4 said:
Hello Insu
my turbo is Luxor beige with black dash/wheel etc
I absolutely love it as it constrasts the night blue exterior
Luxor carpets are not easy to clean in winter though!
Happy to upload picture later if you like

Yes the one I'm looking at fortunately has black carpets ! I normally end up buying a cheap set of carpets to put in my cars anyway :)

Any interior as long as the dash is not a light colour .. the reflection you get on the screen with a light coloured dash can make it hard to see at times on a sunny day .

A customer specced a white dashboard ( grapevine news ) and ended up paying to have a black one fitted as they couldn't see the road when the sun was out due to the reflection on the windscreen .

It's not for me... black all the way 👌

My wife loves beige interiors, I agree with what's said about the black dash making a good contrast.

I sometimes cringe at the exterior/interior colour combos that people spec (no accounting for taste) but contrast interiors can look great and this one sounds fine, especially with the black dash, which makes it work.

We need pictures tho' :)

911Time said:
I sometimes cringe at the exterior/interior colour combos that people spec (no accounting for taste) but contrast interiors can look great and this one sounds fine, especially with the black dash, which makes it work.

We need pictures tho' :)

I'm supposed to be getting her Tuesday so will upload then !! Excited but always more stressed until everything is official ha!

Most I've ever spent on a car and never drove one so hope I like it ! Coming from a Gtr so I'm sure I will pleased with the build quality ha !

Roll on Tuesday then! Look fwd to seeing the pics :thumb:

Well she's home ! Had snow and all sorts on the way back 300 mile trip and was very comfortable and handled the weather well! Feels so much more solid and tight compared to the gtr if that makes sense ! Havnt had chance to drive it properly yet but sure I will love it! Like the interior a lot more than I thought I would it a darker that in pictures which I am pleased about! Only thing I am going to be doing is an exhaust have been looking at the quicksilver systems

:congrats:

However, :useless:

Insu said:
Well she's home ! Had snow and all sorts on the way back 300 mile trip and was very comfortable and handled the weather well! Feels so much more solid and tight compared to the gtr if that makes sense ! Havnt had chance to drive it properly yet but sure I will love it! Like the interior a lot more than I thought I would it a darker that in pictures which I am pleased about! Only thing I am going to be doing is an exhaust have been looking at the quicksilver systems

Ive also come from a GTR into a TTS-it would be interesting to get your experience
in the 1000 miles ive done the standout has been
1. Steering accuracy is much better (4 wheel steering makes the difference along with lack of weight over the front wheels)
2. Interior quality -no comparison (Burmester Audio and sunroof are great)
3. Driving position is more sporty
4. Bottom end torque is massive on the TTS
5. PDK is league above the Nissan Dual clutch

downsides
Gtr is still unique shape , 991 s are more common

overall very happy so far :)

enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon