Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

blower experience ?

wilsonny

Spa-Francorchamps
so im deep into replacing the evaporator on my car (write up to follow) and one of the obvious "while your in there" jobs is to replace the two heater blowers. not doing so would be a bit crazy given the amount of effort to get here and the likelihood that these will be showing their age.... they are covered in debris.

oem replacements are hugely overpriced, but certain online suppliers have dansk versions for a more sensible price. but is it false economy ? anyone got any experience of these units ?

wilsonny said:
so im deep into replacing the evaporator on my car (write up to follow) and one of the obvious "while your in there" jobs is to replace the two heater blowers. not doing so would be a bit crazy given the amount of effort to get here and the likelihood that these will be showing their age.... they are covered in debris.

oem replacements are hugely overpriced, but certain online suppliers have dansk versions for a more sensible price. but is it false economy ? anyone got any experience of these units ?

I've ordered yesterday both L and R Danske units and the two pack pollen filters. Pelican parts have a very good step by step photographed instruction including the removal of the fuel expansion tank to get to the LHD unit. that initially worried me.

I'm not exactly the DIY mechanic type but after reading up and going over all the aspects of the job a few times I feel confident enough to be able to take my time and get this done over the weekend.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...t/59-ELEC-Front_Blower_Motors_Replacement.htm

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...nsion_Tank_and_Rollover_Valve_Replacement.htm

(up to figure 9)

hope that helps

Ian

I agree on changing the blower motors while in there. I have used the Dansk/JP Group motors myself, they are excellent.
I would also consider to change the fresh air servo too, it will most likely give up the ghost anyway. However, it is easy to change the servo after reassembly. This part is also crazy overprized at Porsche, (about EUR400?) I refurbish them and change all internal parts at a significantly lower cost.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
I agree on changing the blower motors while in there. I have used the Dansk/JP Group motors myself, they are excellent.
I would also consider to change the fresh air servo too, it will most likely give up the ghost anyway. However, it is easy to change the servo after reassembly. This part is also crazy overprized at Porsche, (about EUR400?) I refurbish them and change all internal parts at a significantly lower cost.
Cheers,
Tore

Torre hi please PM me with some info. I've already ordered your climate control unit (last weekend).

Ian

thanks for the pointers guys... ive also gone ahead now and ordered the dansk units and it now looks like I need to avail myself of further services from torre !

here's a little pic of the point ive reached, just before I had cracked open the cassette. ive avoided removing the wiring from the inside of the car. from this point the cassette splits in half and you can take the piece with the evaporator away from the car.

notice how handy your wife's table protector material can be to this job...

qyUwS8VyksN6EqmK6

wilsonny said:
I'll try that pic again....

url]

Good work,

Q.

Why have you detached the whole unit? Are you changing more than just the two fan units?

Also how did you get on with the expansion tank removal?

Ian

Croydon said:
wilsonny said:
I'll try that pic again....

url]

Good work,

Q.

Why have you detached the whole unit? Are you changing more than just the two fan units?

Also how did you get on with the expansion tank removal?

Ian

yeah... im doing the FULL a/c job... so new evaporator, expansion valve, ccu overhaul and new fan by torre, new compressor, condenser and dryer.

my compressor seized on the motorway 18 months or more ago, so this most likely threw rubbish around the system so I needed to replace the expansion valve. my condensor is falling apart... so I just decided I'd do it all.

expansion tank is quite easy....I followed the usual instructions pointers from Torre site...I have some notes I'll post at the end on the general job but the only thing about the expansion tank is realising the rubber unit on top just pushes forward... it's not in the tank as such. getting to the expansion valve is not too bad...if you go down the full route, getting the cassette out is a horrid job. im very fortunate to have a lift, which definitely makes things easier.

here's a pic of the rubber attachment dislodged from the expansion tank

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r7p8RV6sXT5Ztjdr8

another thing is when trying to get the hoses off, it makes a massive difference if you lift a corner of the tube and squirt some silicone lubricant in... this really helps free the rubber hose from the plastic tank fittings.

wilsonny said:
here's a pic of the rubber attachment dislodged from the expansion tank

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r7p8RV6sXT5Ztjdr8

another thing is when trying to get the hoses off, it makes a massive difference if you lift a corner of the tube and squirt some silicone lubricant in... this really helps free the rubber hose from the plastic tank fittings.

Great thanks

My parts arrived today so you should get your new fans/filters tomorrow id say. Good to see you've also got limited work space inn your garage like me.

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back