Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Dropped a socket down the demister vent

JBianchi

As above, a completely doofus move, can I open the vent at the bottom behind the centre console? Have tried magnets and string and it's just not finding it.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

I`m always dropping tools into machines with my work, the same 4mm allen key 5 times today :sad:
I use a telescopic magnet pick up tool mostly, but recently I bought a cheap endoscope/borescope ( about £50 ) from Screwfix and that has an assortment of hooks, magnet and mirrors for stuff like this :grin:

Hi

Well done for getting it back!

Yesterday when removing my drivers door on my 993 the main main plastic harness connector snagged and the top of the connector fell down into the hinge pillar. All the way down. I was hoping it had fallen into the sill but no such luck. It took my brother and I over an hour with an inspection borescope and special wiring hooks to retrieve it. The part is not available separately from the loom so we were well incentivised to get it back.

It was plastic so the magnetic thing getter (I have several) was of no help.

Never again

Berni

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back