Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air/Oil Separator replacement. Where?

When my car was in with GCR for a clutch / RMS I asked Chris to do the AOS which is easier with the box removed (I'm told). However, the bolts would not budge and were at risk of snapping so he left it.

I'll add to the list for when the engine comes out as only a precautionary change.

Ian

Alex said:
Aren't the motorsport ones dual chamber and thus don't fail like the standard ones do?

I'd be questioning your diagnosis on it being the AOS. :dont know:

Have they tested with a manometer reading to the oil filler?

It would be really annoying to shell out and find out that the smoke is being caused by something else.

Exactly my thoughts.

Just spoken to them. They are under the impression its been a bit of a botched job in the past as pipes are cable tied here and there and after removing the pipes its completely clogged, he can't believe its not failed sooner in my 4 year ownership. The Vent line is knackered too so that's another £100. :lol:

UPDATE

Figured I'd give you all an update. After having had the car back for a week now I can confirm Revolution sorted my issue. No smoke on start up or at any time, the oils pressure gauge seems more settled as after the big plume on the motorway it had become a little erratic.
Revolution said that the Motorsport AOS can fail as it still has a diaphragm inside but the 2 chambers make it less common. The vent line was cracked too which wasn't helping. Now instead of the AOS being £76 +VAT the Motorsport one was £548+VAT and Vent pipe only £37+VAT. More than I had expected but happy to have it all working and runnnig beautifully again.

Whilst it was away I had 1/2 decided to sell it when I got it back but getting back in the car and after the drive back from Leeds last week I'm smitten again.

Next job paintwork as the bubbling arches are getting worse :eek:

Can't fault the guys at Revolution, will happily make a trip there again for any further work.

I've just been reading up on the AOS in relation to a chap in the US who has fitted a 'catch can' to collect the oil excess rather than it going back in the engine. he tracks his GT4 and has a view the lateral forces can affect oil flow and potentially cause issues. Looks an easy job and would this troubleshoot the AOS failures and costly engine damage risk :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back